Prologue.

GHOST OF YOUprologue !

GHOST OF YOU
prologue !

     TIMOTHY DAVIDSON stared at the pages in front of him. He's in his condo in New Mexico. His job here was a teacher at the school, but since it was summer, he worked at the summer school so he could still work during the summer, and he loved his job, but his bills were piling up and he was getting kind of worried about it.

He contemplated asking for help from his parents, they adore him. Or maybe even his brother, but he was the older brother. He shouldn't. He mustn't. He sighed and leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes and reaching up to rub them. He pulled his hand back from his face a bit and stared at his scar on the palm of his hand. He forgot how he got it, his mom claims he must have hurt himself when he was younger but he doesn't remember.

He set his hand down onto his lap, holding it with his other hand as he stared at the computer screen in front of him. He bit his bottom lip and moved closer to the desk, putting everything away and setting his pages in a neat stack, a habit he developed after college to be neat.

He opened his drawer right when his girlfriend walked in and he glanced up. "Yeah, babe?" Is all he said before she can say anything and she points behind her. "Call for you..." She says and he slowly nods, glancing down at the book.

It was a book he's been wanting to read but avoiding. He pushed in his chair and walked over to her, he leans down and pecked her cheek. "Thanks..." He squeezed her waist and she smiled before heading off to the living room.

Timothy likes guys, that he knows, but he realized he also liked girls a lot. It just was hard to figure out at first especially growing up in the 90's and then becoming an adult in the 2000's. He knew now, he's a bisexual fourty-two year old man and dating a woman didn't make him any less bisexual. He was still bisexual, just dating a woman.

He approached the phone, "babe! You should call the pizza place on your phone while I get this!" He calls out and picked up the phone. "Got it!" She replied and he smiled, holding it up to his face. "Yep, this is Timothy Davidson." He says and it took a moment for the person.

"Hello?" He says, slightly confused. "It's me, Mike Hanlon.. It's back." The person said and Timothy stared in one spot, gulping softly. "M-Mike... hi." He whispered and Mike sighed. "Do you remember me? Do you remember any of it?" He asked and Timothy started shaking, his palms got sweaty and he felt like he was gonna start crying.

Timothy shook his head, "Mike..." He merely whispers and Mike took a second. "You need to come back to Derry." He said and Timothy glanced around. "Back to that fucking shithole?" He asked through gritted teeth. "Timmy..."

"It's Timothy now." He said sternly, his teeth still gritted. "Sorry... Timothy." Mike corrected. "I need your help." He simply said and Timothy let out a small shaky breath, staring at the ground. "Fine... yeah, I can be there by tomorrow night at best," he said and Mike just nods slowly.

"I'll see you then." He said and Timothy quickly hung up, taking a deep breath. He walked down the hall, right by the living room and to his bedroom. "Baby? What's going on?" His girlfriend followed him and he started packing. "Baby..." She says and he stared down at his clothes.

"Can you bring me my bathroom things?" He asked quickly and she sighed, walking over to the bathroom connected to their bedroom. She walks out, handing him the bag and he shoved it into the handbag. "Timothy." She said.

"I have to go." He looked up at her and suddenly his mind became fuzzy and he realized he doesn't know why he felt such an obligation to go. "Wh-where?" She asked, sort of confused and he sighs. "Derry. Maine. Back home." He explains.

"Home? You haven't been there since you were 15..." She said and he looked down, sighing. "I have friends, friends there," he explained and she crossed her arms. "You can't just leave me..." She said with a small frown on her face. He felt guilty but he had to go. He put on his jacket, slipping his keys, phone and his wallet into the pockets.

He started patting his other pockets then walked over to his dresser drawer. "Timothy, you're not listening." She says and he needed to not listen. She was sometimes manipulative. He opened the top drawer and took out his pack of cigarettes, opening it and lighting one up. He shut the dresser and put the pack into his pocket. "I have to go." He said and picked up his handbag.

She followed quickly, "you go and we're done!" She said and he paused. He turns to look at her and tilted his head to the side slightly. "Oh, my Gosh..." He chuckled and she furrowed her brows. "What?" She said in a snarky tone. He shrugs.

"Nothing, just that you think you mean something to me... Pack up your shit then, you better be gone before I get back." He said and walked out, taking out his phone. He called his boss as he walked down the hall over to the stairs. He lived on the first floor so he just quickly ran down.

"Mr. Pierce! I can't come in tomorrow or the rest of this week, sorry," he explained quickly. "Oh, okay..." The man said and he furrows his eyebrows, waving at a passing cab who quickly stopped. He throws his bag into the backseat of it.

He got in next to it, "airport." He said quickly and the taxi quickly nods. "So, uh, is that okay?" He asked and Mr. Pierce chuckles. "Not many students show up anyway. I'll get another teacher, don't worry about it." He said and Timothy sighs.

"Okay, thank you sir..." Timothy set his phone down and looked to the cab driver who glanced at him. "Where are you headed to?" He asked curiously and Timothy sighs. "I'm going to see an old friend... from Maine." He smiled at him.

"Oh, that's nice..."

"Yeah..."

authors note I missed you timothy davidson🥺