xi. Ritual Of Chüd.

THE GROUP were standing in the circle, hands connected, connecting all of them. "The Ritual of Chüd, it's a battle of wills. The first step was our reunion. The second was the gathering of our tokens. This is the final step." Mike says.

The fire went out and they all look at it, confused. "What the..." Richie whispered and then there was the deadlights, coming out from the top, they all look up when it happened. "The f-fuck is that?" Bill asked and Timothy backed up a bit. "Don't look at them!" Mike shouted and Timothy looked down right away, "okay," Eddie said as he closed his eyes and they all did the same. Timothy's grip on Bill's own hand became more tighter.

"Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark!" Mike was chanting, "say it!" He screamed. "Say what?" Eddie shouted and Mike shouted back, "say it!" The group all started repeating that phrase over and over. "Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark!"

It felt like they were chanting it forever, for years, "turn light into dark! Mike, what's happening, man?" Richie shouted to him, all of their eyes still closed to avoid looking directly into the deadlights. "Keep chanting it!" Mike shouted and they did, continuing to yell it at the top of their lungs.

Mike eventually pulled his hands back, grabbing the lid to close it. "Turn light into dark! Is it working?! Did we do it?!" Eddie exclaimed and Timothy opened his eyes and saw Mike covering the top of the container with a lid. There was something in the way, the lid wasn't all the way on because of something that wasn't letting it. A red balloon.

"Is that part of it?!" David asked in a worried tone which Timothy was surprised by if he was being honest. "Mike, is this suppose to be happening?" Richie asked as the balloon grew more, Mike was still trying to close the container. "Keep chanting!" He yelled to them and David gave a confused look. "What? Mi—" "keep chanting, please!" Mike exclaimed at him and David sighed as they all went back to chanting that phrase.

"Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark!" But then the balloon became more bigger, it threw Mike back and he landed onto the ground, they all backed up as they watched the balloon grow. "Woah, woah!" Timothy said as he pulled Bill with him and they all started running, the balloon was becoming too large and then it popped on one of the spikes growing outward from the ground.

The balloon popping made them all get thrown to the ground and Timothy's ears were ringing. He rolled onto his side and looked at Bill. "Are you okay?" He asked as he pulled the other up, both of them now standing and facing each other. Bill nodded, "are you?" He asked.

"Yeah, as long as you are..." Timothy said and then the other Losers joined them, David grabbing Mike's arm. "Did we do it? Mikey, did we do it?" He was shouting at the other man as Richie looked at Mike. "We put the tokens in the thing, that's good, right?" He asked and he wasn't wrong, that's all Mike said that they needed to do anyway.

Beverly was hitting her flashlight to get it to start working before pointing it to reveal Pennywise's face, lurking behind the giant spikes, between the holes. They all screamed in shock. "Oh, did it work, Mikey? Did it work?!" The clown taunted.

It laughed at them as they all backed away. "Tell them why your silly little ritual didn't work! Tell them it was all just a... what's the word, Eds? Gazebo?" It peered at them through a hole. "Mike, what's he talking about?" Eddie asked and Timothy looks over at Mike and David.

"M-Mikey?" Bill said and David looked up at Mike, giving him that look in his eyes. "Oh, Mikey, you never showed them the foresight, did you?" Pennywise asked, laughing at them again. "Didn't want them know what happened to the poor Shakopee? Num-num-num."

That's where it all clicked in Timothy's head. The Shakopee were slaughtered when they tried the ritual. So why would they be able to? They're white, other than Mike, and not apart of their tribe. "Fuck, Mikey! You lied to us again?!" Bill shouted and Richie pointed his flashlight.

"They didn't- they didn't believe they could kill him! That's why it didn't work back then!" Mike exclaimed and Timothy huffs, shaking his head. "Are you fucking kidding me, Mike?!" Timothy exclaims. "We hurt him!" Mike said as David put a hand to his shoulder. "Fuck!" Richie shouts.

"Fuck you, Mikey!"

"Leave my man's name out of your mouth!"

"Don't yell at my man!" Timothy shouted right back at David who raised his eyebrows tauntingly. It just laughed loudly at them. "I needed something! Anything for us to remember! Anything for us to believe!" Mike sounded desperate.

The deadlights rise again, turning bright blue and they were flickering. "The deadlights! Don't look at them!" Beverly called out to them and they all either covered their eyes, looked away or closed their eyes. "For 27 years... I dreamt of you. I craved you! Oh, I've missed you!" The clown says.

"Waiting for this very moment." He said as the group were all rushing away, trying to grab Mike and pull him with them. "Gotta move, Mikey! Mike, come on!" David said as he stood at the side and groaned, rushing over. Pennywise had an arm lifted, it was in a claw he was trying to stab someone with but David pulled Mike with him, so Pennywise ended up hitting the ground really hard.

They all started running then, all of them were splitting up, Beverly and Ben first, then Mike slides into a hiding spot with David, Richie and Eddie ran into a tunnel and so did Bill until it was just Timothy running and he ran into a different tunnel, that was completely dark and the passageway was narrow. He dropped to the ground and watched as Pennywise ran off, going the other way.

He sighed softly, he turned around when he heard the flicker of a lighter. He turned around and saw a hand extended outward to him. Then the person came into view, only the light of the flame lighting up on their face in the dark. "Hey Davidson," it was Patrick Hockstetter, grinning.

authors note oh no... 😳