v. These Artifacts.

TIMOTHY HELD his hand out for Bill who carefully walked down the last steps, looking around. Timothy smiled and looked at Ben who had a smile on his face as well. They were all looking around, looking through the old things when they heard a deep low voice, "hey Losers."

Timothy looked over, pulling Bill behind him. "Time to float!" Ben stumbled back and fell as Timothy felt Bill's hand on his shoulder, holding him in a death grip. Mike was holding up a bat defensively but then Richie walked out of the dark, laughing. "Dude!" Eddie exclaimed and Timothy sighed, crossing his arms with a glare at Richie.

"Remember when he use to say that shit? And he did that little dance." He mocked the way the clown use to dance and Timothy rolls his eyes. "Am I the only one who remembers this shit?" He then asked the group. "Are you gonna be like this the entire time we're home?" Eddie asked and Richie's smile went away. "Alright, just trying to add some levity to this shit, I'll go fuck myself." He says, walking off and whistling. Timothy shakes his head slightly as he then turned around to face Bill.

Bill was looking around when Timothy noticed him grabbing a tin, it was a coffee tin and it looked old. "Hey guys?" He turned to Timothy who grabbed the tin. "It says Stan..." He looked to the others who's all attention were on them both.

"It says for use of the Losers only..." Bill said and looked back down at the tin in his hands. "Bill." Eddie said in a tone as if to tell Bill to be careful. Bill opens the lid anyway to reach inside.

Stan held out a shower cap to Richie on the hammock, "what the fuck is this?" His bespectacled best friend asked as he snatched the cap from Stan's hands. "So you don't get spiders stuck in your hair when you're down here." Stan says with a smile.

"Stanley, we're not afraid of fucking spiders." He said and Stan simply walked away to give one to Ben, revealing to Richie that Eddie, Beverly, Timmy, Bill and Mike were all putting one on. "I stand corrected." He said which caused Eddie to pull his cap off and Beverly to chuckle at him.

"That's a first."

"Touche."

Timmy extended out the duct tape for Bill as Eddie walked over to Richie, talking a little something about how there was a ten minute rule for each of them to get a turn in the swing that ended up with them bickering and Eddie climbing in the swing.

"Here," Timmy said and ripped the duct tape with his mouth. "You're disgusting, Tim." David said as Beverly handed him a cigarette before she walked off. "So are you with those stupid cigarettes, it's a disgusting habit." Timmy said to him and Elise snorts, "watch out, Tim! You might start smoking too." She said and Timmy just flips her off.

"I'll never touch a cigarette in my life."

Biggest lie of all of '89. "T-Timmy," Bill said and Timmy hands him the duct tape. "I'll do that. I'll do anything to get the hell out of Derry." Richie says, catching Timmy's attention. "Man, when I graduate, I'm going to Florida." Mike said making him smile slighrly. "What's in Florida, Mikey?" David asked making the other look at him.

He smiles, "I don't know, I guess it was just a place I always wanted to go." He shrugged and looked away, smiling smaller making David smile and stare at him. "Stan, you should go with Mike to Florida, you already act eighty. You'd clean up with all of the grandmas." Richie said and made kissing noises towards his best friend as his statement caused them all to chuckle or either laugh at him.

"Do you guys think we'll still be friends?"

Timmy looked over at Stan in an instant, his brows furrowing together. "When we're older." Stan explains and Elise frowns. "What?" She sat up, looking at Stan next to her. "Why wouldn't we be?" She asked making the Jewish boy look over to her.

"Do-do any of your parents still hang out with their friends from middle school?" She asked and David looks down as Timmy looks at Bill. "I mean, things might be different then. We all might be different." He says and Timmy looked down. "We'll always be friends," Bill said as he sat beside Stan. "I don't think that just g-g-goes away."

"Yeah, Stan, come on. You don't have to be so..."

"Sad." Beverly said and Timothy stared at the ground. "El..." He whispered and glanced up, looking at David who just pursed his lips. "He was old before his time." Ben said with a small smile and Timothy nods. "I wonder what he was like all grown up." He said as he looked up, smiling.

"Probably what he was like as a kid... the best."

Bill tossed the shower cap over to Richie who caught in his hands. "Alright, Mike, what are we doing here?" The man looked to Mike who looked back up at him. "The ritual. To perform it, it requires a sacrifice." He explains to them.

"Sacrifice? I nominate Eddie." Richie said as he pointed to him and Timothy sighs. "Wait, what?" Eddie looked over at the bespectacled man. "Cause you're little, you'll fit in a barbecue." Richie said as he demonstrated with his hands.

"I'm 5'9, it's like average height of most of the world." Eddie shrugged and then walked over to Bill. "It's not that kind of sacrifice, guys. Mike..." Bill looked to the man who was standing up. "The past is buried. But you're gonna have to dig it up. Piece by piece. And these pieces... these artifacts, that's why we're here. They are what you'll sacrifice. And since Stan isn't here to find his, I figured we should all be here to find his artifact." Mike explained as Eddie puts on the shower cap.

"I think Bill just did that."

authors note next chapter is gonna be exciting🥴
+ let's pretend i never forgot elise in the last flashback or either that she went home after the rock fight.. 😳😳 my bad 🖐😔