Chapter 4

"So Uh i travel a lot for my job, and I get to meet people everyday and im very grateful and I love what I do but it can be very stressful at times and because I move and travel a lot i feel like I can't settle down anywhere or even have real friendships and stuff. It's just I don't get a break, and when I do it's right back to work I just wanna have some time to myself and a break from my job for a while and I can't seem to have that. Another reason is that I miss my family so much but my job doesn't let me have a break to see them and spend time together,  today is my best friends birthday and I can't even be there to celebrate with her because of work. Also I'm under a contract umm with my job that I had signed stupidly with my boss and in that contract it limits me on doing certain things behaving certain ways and expressing myself, they have control over me and things in my life and I can't do anything about it because I had signed a contract. If I did... bad things could happen and my career would be ruined. Tonight was my only day off this week and it was terrible, tonight was supposed to be wonderful but it wasn't it was anything but that. I had a date, nobody has seemed to be interested in me these past 3 months and I was really starting to think nobody would ever want me, anyway I went out with the guy everything was messed up, he kept complaining at how much I was eating telling me not to eat so much and looking at me like I was disgusting. So I stopped and stayed quiet as every time I talked he would interrupt. He only talked about himself, then he even flirted with the waitress in front of me! And that's not all when we finished eating he wanted me to pay for everything. So I did I thought you know what everything's gonna end now and you won't see him again, it was cold out and I was shivering I thought he'd offer his jacket but no he wasn't even wearing he only held it and laughed at me being cold than all of a sudden as were walking he tells me he'll see me on Monday and turned down the street, from my spot standing on the sidewalk I yelled back what do you mean and he turned around and gave me a sly smile and walked off." I looked at her waiting for her to continue. "I got a text an hour later from my boss saying that I'm going to be doing a publicity stunt I'm gonna be dating that guy so I can influence people to uhh travel.. and then the guy started texting me some raunchy things and well I came here. I'm being forced to be in a relationship with someone I don't like and I can't not do it cuz if I do my career and life will never be the same."
I sat they're feeling shock and pity, "damn I'm sorry, that's tough. Maybe you can talk to them and try and get this to stop i don't know maybe like you're bosses superior?" She nodded "yeah maybe but it's difficult to get a minute with him he's very busy but yeah I can try." I smiled "and about you're friends and family I'm sure everything will work out, just explain to them what's going on and how you're trying to fix it" She hummer and replied "yeah I'll do just that, thank you I really needed someone to talk too." I laughed and spoke "no need to thank me I just hope everything works itself out." I walk over to where my junk food lays I pick up the trash and check the time on my phone that's in the pocket. 4:07am "shit, hey I gotta go I've been here for hours umm have a goodnight and hopefully everything works out for you." She got up and brushed the sand off herself and replied "yeah I should get going too gotta catch a flight at 10:00am, and thank you  so much." I replied back "glad I could help bye goodnight stranger." She giggles "night stranger" I walk to the nearby trash can dump the things then walk over to my car. As we part ways I smile thinking of her. She walks away going left as I drive off out of the parking lot going right.

-E