Several Arguments Later...

My mom and I had just walked out of the house when Richie rode up on his bike, looking completely exhausted. He threw his bike down onto the grass and stalled right up to me and threw his arms around me.

"Do you know how fucking worried I was?" He asked, pulling away from the one sided hug, "Where the hell were you? I've been looking for you all night!"

"I'm sorry Richie. I..."

Do I tell him the truth? Do I tell him that I went on a date, almost got raped in the middle of town, got rescued my Stan's dad, and stayed at Stan's house because I was too afraid to have to spend the night by myself because he and I weren't talking at the time? I mean, he went out and spent all night looking for me, I guess he deserves some version of the truth.

"You were what?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's a long story." I shrugged.

"I've got time." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Mom, can I talk to Richie alone. You know, twin to twin?" I asked, and she just smiled and nodded before heading back into the house.

Richie and I sat down on our fromt porch steps. I rested my chin on my knees and I could feel Richie's eyes on me.

"You gonna tell me what happened or not?" He asked.

"I'll tell you, but you can't get mad about why I left or tell any of this to the others okay?" I risked a glance over at him, and he seemed really worried.

"(Y/n), what the he'll happened last night?" He asked, leaning towards me.

"Promise me!"

"Alright fine. I won't get mad, and I won't tell anyone, I promise." He rolled his eyes.

"Last night, Bill and I went to the movies together...alone." I said, picking at the hem of my tee shirt.

"You went on a date with Stuttering Bill? I fucking knew he had a thing for you!" He sighed, leaning back against the banister.

"Yes, Bill and I went on a date. But the movie ran long and it was almost after curfew. He offered to walk me home, but I didn't want you to see him and get mad, so I decided to walk myself."

"(Y/n), I wouldn't have been mad to see you with Bill-"

"Richie, I-"

"No, I don't get all sappy often, so listen up loser. You can finish telling me about last night in a minute, okay?"

"Alright, fine, go ahead."

"I'm not mad at you for going on a date. I'm just...I'm scared."

"Scared? Scared of what?" I laughed.

"I'm your big brother-"

"By like five minutes!" I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, I'm trying to be serious!" He waited a moment.

"Okay, Rich, say whatever it is you have to say."

"Thank you. I'm your big brother, and that means I have to protect you. It was easier when we were little. All I had to do was put a bandaid on your knee and share my bed when you had nightmares. Now, you're getting older and going on dates, and I can't make sure they don't hurt you. I can't protect you, and sometimes I think that maybe you don't need me to protect you anymore, and that scares the shit out of me."

"Holy shit, Richie." I shook my head, "That was very out of character for you."

"Yeah, tell me about it." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.