Sabotage

"Here we are," I nodded, leaning against the porch railing.

"Th-that we are." Bill said, laying his bike on the ground. "I j-j-just want to say s-sorry one last time. I don't kn-kn-know what got into me."

"Bill, please stop apologizing so much." I laughed.

"I'm so-"

"Bill-"

"Sh-Sh-Shit! My bad! I m-mean-"

"Denbrough, do me a favor?"

"W-what is it?" He said, his cheeks a bit red with his frustration with himself.

"Shut up and kiss me." I smiled, giggling at the shocked look on his face.

"O-okay." He nodded, slowly leaning into the kiss.

His lips met mine and for a moment, everything was right in the world. I wasn't thinking about Stan, Richie, Bowers. It was like none of them existed. All I could focus on was Bill resting one hand on my cheek while the other came to rest on my hip and the heat making it's way to my cheeks.

He pulled away for a moment, resting his forehead against mine and smiling. "How w-was that?"

"I've had better." I joked.

"S-S-Seriously?" He asked, moving his head back so he could better look me in the eyes.

I rolled my eyes and laughed before grabbing him by the collar of his flannel and pressing my lips to his. I felt his shock, but he almost instantly kissed back. I pulled away and shook my head.

"Of course I'm not serious, you big dork." I laughed.

"You had me w-w-worried for a minute." He chuckled.

"Trust me Bill, you have nothing to worry about. You're the only loser for me." I smiled so big my cheeks hurt.

"P-promise?"

"Promise."

Just then something cold and wet fell from seemingly nowhere, drenching Bill and I. I stepped back as well as I could, pressing my back flat against the porch railing and looking around to see where the freezing water came from.

There was no one else in the yard. There was no one on the porch. I knew Richie had done it, but I couldn't see him anywhere. However, soon enough his voice rang out.

"Honestly, guys, could you be anymore disgusting?" He asked and I followed his voice to where he was hanging out of his bedroom window. He was clinging to the big metal pot our mom used to make soup during the winter.

"Are you serious right now?" I shouted back at him, trying to wipe the water off my glasses with my fingers and failing miserably.

"That's not fu-fu-funny, Richie!" Bill shouted.

"Oh contraire, Monsieur. That was fucking hilarious!" Richie shouted.

"I'm gonna get you back for this, you know that right?" I glared at him.

"I'd like to see you try!" He laughed, ducking back inside his room and slamming the window.

"I'm sorry, Bill." I shook my head as I turned back to face him.

"No, this is p-pretty much what I expected from R-R-Richie." He shrugged.

"Still, you have to ride all the way home soaking wet."

"But it's w-w-worth it, because I got to k-kiss the p-pr-prettiest girl in Derry." He grinned as he picked up his bike off the ground.

"Stop it, you're gonna make me blush." I sighed, trying to hide my face with my hands.