two

Not everyone likes school.

Going to school means that you would have to be educated with different lessons from tens of different subjects every single school year. Sometimes, subjects would repeat themselves or there would be times when a minor subject gets replaced with a completely different one. But above all that, learning these topics wasn't our decision. It was our parents who decided to enroll us in a school and undoubtedly, the lessons from elementary did help us and for most of them, we were able to apply it to daily life.

Yet school would stack up loads and loads of homework just for us to learn. Sometimes, the homework is irrelevant, as to what we would like to believe. And sometimes, teachers would suck at teaching and we would just want to pull our hair strands in pure annoyance. 

At least, that's what Jungkook was feeling at the moment.

The current subject was Science and they were learning about the gas laws. Some of these were Dalton's law, Boyle's law, and Gay-Lussac's law. Right now, they were looking up at the formula for the Ideal Gas Law and, in the midst of the lesson, Jungkook couldn't seem to get a grip on the actual point of learning this stuff. He couldn't seem to understand anything that the teacher was saying—it seemed like his classmates also had the same feel judging by their inscrutable expressions.

He takes down notes, he tries to learn all of the lessons and understand them but sometimes, he would reach the point to wonder, why the heck does he need to learn this? He doesn't want to be chemist, he thought to himself. He doesn't want to get a job in the scientific field. He's much more interested in the arts rather in science so it just makes him question why he needs to learn all of this information.

The school bell rings, signaling the start of lunch. He lets out a sigh of relief. The bell saved him from death and from losing another brain cell (not that he had any from the beginning of the year anyway). Once the teacher dismissed the class, most of the students got up and rushed out of the room while others decided to stay inside to do their homework and eat—mostly because of the air conditioning. Jungkook was part of the former.

After fixing his stuff, he immediately got up and walked out of the room as quickly as possible, excited to hang out with his best friends. He dances past the sea of people, slipping his body into tight gaps and running through the wider ones. He made his way to the cafeteria and upon arrival, he stood by the doorway, looking around if he could find any of his best friends anywhere.

It didn't take him long before he found his raven-haired friend, smiling and waving at him. A smile slipped on his face. Immediately, he walked over to him, walking as fast as he can.

"Hey, Jungkook!" Jimin raises his hand, waiting for a high five.

"Hey hyung." Jungkook hands him a five, hitting his hand and holding it for a few seconds. Letting go, he takes the seat opposite him. Jimin wasn't the only one with him, however. There were also his other hyungs: Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin.

Hoseok and Yoongi greeted Jungkook a hello meanwhile Namjoon and Seokjin, they seemed too indulged in their conversation that they hadn't noticed their friend; and their conversation looked pretty serious that they shouldn't be disturbed.

"How's your class, kid?" Yoongi questions, propping his forearm on top of the table.

With the thought of class installed in his mind, thanks to Yoongi, he let out a stressed sigh. "Teacher still teaching badly. I could've understood the gas laws better if it weren't for her poor teaching skills."

"That's alright Kook. I survived tenth grade without having to listen to the teacher so I know that you'll do well." Hoseok reassures, but not the motivation that Jimin wanted Jungkook to hear, causing him to slap his hyung on the arm.