epilogue

Life is like a destination.

There are those who would come and go and those who would stay until the very end. As humans, it is natural to have people around us, who would join us on this journey to the end of the road. However, there are also those who would lose interest and maybe find happiness on another path, those who would diverge from us as a part of each one's growing process.

Such as in the topic of friendships, especially that point after high school when our paths with our friends would diverge. There are those who would go to separate colleges, move to different places, and those who we would lose contact with, and truly it was inevitable.

Sad to say, it was the case for the seven friends.

After high school, they moved onto their separate paths and their connection with one another had weakened. They tried their best to keep their communication up but, eventually, their chatting lessened. They had gained new friends within the college and they just moved on with their lives that there was no longer a point of keeping things up.

Seokjin and Namjoon went to the same university, Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok too studied in the same university and so as Jungkook and Taehyung. They mostly focused on their studies which were the reason why their relationships had weakened, specifically those outside their universities while inversely, the other had strengthened, those within the university.

The last news that Jungkook heard from his friends was about a few months ago. From what he has heard (or read), Seokjin had recently moved to Australia to work, Namjoon was taking up an English degree, Hoseok and Jimin had planned on taking up a few dance classes, Yoongi was job searching, and Taehyung (the only person who he really was up-to-date with) was finishing up a project.

It's been a few years since the Hanahaki incident and the thought of which had honestly subsided. The memory slowly submerged into the pit of the other forgotten thoughts as new, happy, and fresh ones replaced it.

Jungkook's bond with Taehyung had strengthened, mostly because they ended up being collegemates, which made it more difficult for Jungkook to move on from him. Even when he tries to put his feelings aside, deep in his heart, he knew that he was still in love with him, but hoping for an 'us' never became an option to him; at least, not anymore. Mostly since he just didn't want to raise his hopes up too high only for it to drop and shatter onto the ground.

By now, they've been friends for almost a decade and it was just astonishing to even think about it; for their relationship to reach this milestone was just amazing.

It's almost the winter season which means that there would be an upcoming break. By this time, students have planned on what they would do for their vacation. Like usual, some would want to go out of the country, some would want to spend some time with their friends and family, while others probably just want to stay at home.

Jungkook honestly hadn't planned anything for himself. His initial thoughts were just going back home, watch Netflix and chill, or maybe spend some time with Taehyung as December was his month. But even with this given list that he had, he was still uncertain of what he should do during the break.

However, Taehyung, on the other hand, had different plans for him.

He had asked Jungkook if he wanted to go to Japan with him during the break and the latter had spontaneously agreed, to his delight.

Days and days have passed until the most awaited break of every school year came. Winter break.

Today was the day of their flight. The best friends were tremendously excited as it would be their first time in Japan—especially since they're going out of the country with their best friend (special someone).