ten

His footsteps echoed throughout the corridor of the hospital, dashing past the patients, the doctors, and the nurses who were blocking his path, looking for the room that Taehyung was confined in.

Jungkook needed to get to his best friend as soon as possible. To his sick best friend who was diagnosed with Hanahaki—how the heck did he not notice the signs earlier?

Oblivious, Jungkook. You're so fucking oblivious!

How could he be so stupid and so oblivious? The Plumeria petal that he saw, Taehyung's pale complexion, his constant walking to the bathroom to and fro, all these signs were just right in front of his face, and yet he needed actual evidence to see it. He needed to see Taehyung vomit those flowers just so that his eyes would finally open to this reality.

To his conclusion, he was just a fucking dumbass and he was just furious at himself for it.

But right now wasn't the time to get mad at himself since he needs to get to Taehyung and he needs to see if he's all right because he wasn't able to do so yesterday.

It was yesterday when the incident had happened, when Taehyung fell to the ground, vomited those white and bloody Plumerias—it was terrifyingly a lot which was very concerning—and fainted. Jungkook immediately called an ambulance and so Taehyung was brought to the hospital. But, to Jungkook's dismay, he couldn't visit him and despite wanting to fight the doctors (he wouldn't really fight them but he just really needed to see his best friend), he decided to just comply.

This was why by the time he got up this morning, he quickly went through his morning routine before getting inside a taxi and transporting to the hospital, running through the corridors to look for Taehyung's room.

Fortunately for him, it wasn't too long till he had found the room that he had been looking for.

Room 143... Room 143!

Without double-checking, if the label was really Room 143, he ran to the door, maneuvered his way past the people who had blocked his path while muttering out apologies, grabbed and twisted the knob, and pushed the door open.

Entering the room, Jungkook was welcomed with an atmosphere of silence. One that wasn't comfortable nor was it uncomfortable either. In between, more or less.

He stands there, hand still clutching onto the knob, his other hand holding onto the door jamb as he stares at the patient who too was staring back at him, a more so surprised stare.

Their gazes remained to be indifferent with one looking more worrisome than the other. Both of them try to decipher each other's faces, trying to read each other's expressions, but vaguely enough, they couldn't read their thoughts. Well, maybe Taehyung could, but Jungkook couldn't.

Jungkook quickly scanned the room and noticed a few small buckets that were overfilled with Plumerias—petals that had specks of his crimson blood—next to Taehyung's bed. Jungkook's not going to lie, but seeing the number of flowers that Taehyung had vomited out kinda makes him feel a bit nauseous and feel goosebumps crawl up his skin.

He then returned his gaze to the older male and scanned his features. Still, he was looking as pale as ever, but now, he also looks lifeless. As if every energy that was stored within him had been drained out, like a low battery that couldn't be recharged.

Jungkook draws in a quick and shallow breath. "Taehyung," he closes the door behind him.

Taehyung forces a smile, but only was able to make out a half one. "Hi, Jungkook..." His voice crackled.

He didn't sound so good, and it was quite scary and worrisome. It triggered a few of Jungkook's tears and had cracked something fragile inside of him.