seven

"I'm going to move on from Taehyung!" Jungkook says to himself rather confidently.

Yeah, he was going to move on from Taehyung, Jungkook tells himself with the highest degree of enthusiasm. Waking up this Monday morning, he was pretty much confident that he wouldn't experience any heartaches when he would encounter Taehyung later in the day. That he would feel happy and cheerful because today was another day to look forward to; to see his friends and to just be himself.

He was feeling like a new person, convinced that he had finally let go of his feelings towards the other. He was so sure of himself, that he was able to move on from him once and for all. During the weekends, he tried his best to move on from Taehyung by searching for videos and articles online about 'moving on from your crush'. He watched these videos, read these articles, and took note of it so that he'd be able to learn from it. He didn't even talk to Taehyung during the weekends (neither of them messaged each other anyway) and he tried his best to keep him out of his mind. So his preparation for this day should be considered as hard work's paid off—that is if it turns out to be successful and not a total flop.

Walking down the corridor of his school, he smiles with the utmost of confidence in himself. On his way to his classroom, he had noticed that some of his batchmates were looking at him and whispering something to each other. From what Jungkook understood, and from what he had eavesdropped, they were wondering why he was such in a good mood today and what made him like this. He would love to answer their questions of curiosity but, right now, that didn't really matter to him nor did he really care because today was just going to be a day of sunshine and rainbows.

Today was going to be a happy day for him and nothing can stop him from having such a good time.

Not even Kim Taehyung—

"Hi, Kook."

—and Jungkook felt something shatter inside of him, suddenly wanting to curl himself up into a ball and cry in the corner of the room. To cry out all of the tears that he had been welling up because of unrequited love.

He thought he could do it, he really did. He even wanted to believe that he could finally move on from his best friend but hearing his voice again had painfully proved him wrong as if his inner voice had betrayed him.

Not wanting the other to wait any longer, he faced his best friend with the most convincing smile he could mask. He opens his mouth, about to greet him euphorically, but whatever he saw made his heart drop and made his expression shift drastically.

His best friend walks up to him with a smile on his face, one that seemed rather forced. Along with that was the color of his skin that looked so pale and so drawn as if it were trying to match with his hair color.

Taehyung looked weary and sick, not looking so well, and this twisted Jungkook's heart.

"Tae, are you okay?" Immediately, Jungkook approached him, a worried expression layering his face.

"I'm fine Kook," Taehyung assured. "I just slept late because of this project I had. One big project." He laughed it off.

The way he spoke was as if everything was okay, that his world wasn't suffering from anything at all, but unfortunately for him, Jungkook could read through him. Knowing his best friend, especially observing his behavior recently, he could tell that something was wrong. Something was definitely wrong and he just doesn't want to say it.

"Are you sure you aren't sick Tae?" Jungkook worriedly asks. "I've never seen you like this. You don't look good..."

"I still look handsome." It was as if Taehyung was trying to diverge away from this topic so that Jungkook could shift to another one. And honestly, it almost worked. Almost.