three

Sometimes, it's the horizon that keeps him going. The scenery that's painted before him urges himself to breathe out the rummaged feelings that were kept inside his chest and let it dissipate into the thin air.

The serene blue sky, the vast portal that divides both the celestial body and the terrestrial world, remains there ever since the beginning of life. A godly artwork that soothes his nerves from going in a frenzy and from crushing his brain till it would grow numb.

At the edge of the rooftop, Jungkook sits, hands set onto the rough ledge as his feet swaying off of the ledge alternately.

It's such a peaceful sight, he thought. So peaceful, so tranquil, he wished that his mind had the same feel. Like the sky, he wanted to feel at ease but no, his mind was just a complete mess, his thoughts were scattered everywhere and there were questions in his head to which he wanted answers. He was an utter mess and undoubtedly, it was true.

He sighs into the silent and comforting atmosphere. He wished that his mind was like this, that his life was somewhat like this. Serene, peaceful, free. He wished to be liberated from harm and to run away from all of his responsibilities that were tied onto him unwillingly. However, he knew to himself that he can't have this peace, that he can never have everlasting peace.

Moments of peace start with a war, and Jungkook had his own war to battle before achieving this goal.

Life.

He had to fight through the obstacles of life that were set by the universe. He needed to go through these problems in order to grow and to mature into a better person. Despite wanting peace, he knew that peace could sometimes be a bit, boring. Without a little action, life is just going to be this dull world that's full of flowery fields. A dull world that's all about sunshine and rainbows, no excitement nor a spice of adventure mixed to it. It's just going to be a millennium of silence, and that would be quite suffocating.

This world he was living in, though absurd, he was contented with it. Even though the material world he was thrown into was corrupt, dangerous, and toxic, he was contented with the good things it provides.

Yeah, he's contented, he thought to himself. He's absolutely fine with living in this hole of utter imperfection (and if he lies a bit more, then maybe, he'd be more unconvinced).

"Hey, Jungkook."

Jungkook doesn't turn to look at the person who called out to him, but he knew very well who that was. He smirks, rounding his once squared shoulders as he waits for his friend to sit next to him on this ledge.

Through his peripheral vision, he could see a yellow corner of a box that was poking out, emerging from the edge of his vision. It was a small carton of banana milk being handed over to him. A small smile manages to slip past Jungkook's lips, "thanks Gyu." Grabbing the small carton, he finally glances at him, the other proceeds to sit, "How much do I have to pay you?"

"It's fine Kook. You don't have to pay me." A smile smeared on his face, draping his legs over the ledge.

Jungkook pouts at him, feeling rather uncertain about accepting his kindness, "Are you sure?"

Mingyu nodded surely: "It's just 1000 won anyway and it's kinda like a gift from me to you since, you know, it's rare for you to come up to the rooftop to eat lunch." Facing his friend, he knits his eyebrows at him, expression glazed with curiosity. "Why did you want to meet me here anyway?"

Though Jungkook had a specific reason for this simple question, all he did was shrug at him. "I just wanted someone to join me. I don't like being alone."

Mingyu eyed him suspiciously, sensing that there's something more to this reason than from what was stated. "Kook, you always hang out with Taehyung and the rest of your friends and it's really rare for you to not be with them. The last time we hung out together was when your friends were busy and that was like, what? Last year?"