eleven

Getting back to school felt like a huge relief to Jungkook. Despite all the lessons that he needs to catch up with, he was quite happy to be back since he had been gone for at least two school days.

It felt like forever since he last attended school and it honestly feels great to be back. Although, he was still feeling quite troubled after what had happened recently.

Especially since he was still in the post-traumatic Hanahaki stage.

Though he wasn't the one who had gained the disease, he was still in trauma after what had happened to Taehyung. The flowers, the illness, the argument, it was quite a stack load for Jungkook to digest so he needed a change of environment and some time to just relax. What he needed at the moment was some fresh air and someone to talk to about this mild predicament that he had—something that he had planned to do later in the day.

Earlier in the morning, he had texted Mingyu to meet up with him at the rooftop during lunch, and, as expected from his caring friend, he agreed.

When lunchtime came around, Jungkook went on ahead to go to the rooftop. By the time that he got there, a specific person had taken up his spot. The person with raven-hair was gazing into the distance, hands placed onto the rough ledge while his legs remained to be still, looking as if he was waiting for someone.

Knowing who that person was, he smiles. "Mingyu!"

The taller male looked over his shoulder and caught sight of his friend walking towards him. A smile smeared on his face upon his presence, "Hey, Jungkook!"

"You're early Gyu," Jungkook took the empty spot next to Mingyu, draping his legs over the ledge and resting his forearms onto his thighs.

"No. You're late." Mingyu joked with a cheeky little smirk.

Jungkook rolled his eyes at him and nudged him on the shoulder, a peal of laughter breaking out between the two. "No but seriously, you're early Mingyu." Jungkook pointed out, setting his palms onto the ledge and leaning slightly forward. "I didn't expect you to come here earlier than me."

"Well," Mingyu glanced up in thought, "classes ended early and I wanted to come here before you so, yeah." He shrugged. "Here we are now."

A warm smile had stretched out on Jungkook's face, shaking his head at his friend.

Jungkook directs his gaze towards the horizon, catching sight of the trees and the buildings that stood around the school. If he had to be honest, this was one of the best views that he could get from the school. To others, being up this high, for about forty-five feet from the ground, wouldn't be such a pleasant experience, but to Jungkook, there would be times when he would love to be up this high because it gives him this feeling that he was the king of the world.

If he had more free time, or if he wanted to have some alone time, he would usually go here and admire the view of the land. It wasn't the most beautiful, but it was still able to bring a sense of peace within one person. Enough peace to ease his troubling thoughts and his numbing mind, at least for just a little bit.

 "So, how are you Jungkook?"

The said male turned his attention to Mingyu, humming in question as he was still in the midst of pulling his mind back from the clouds. When it did, he immediately replied, "I'm good." And did his best not to rush his words. "How about you?"

"Good as well," Mingyu bobbed his head.

Returning his gaze to the distant horizon, Mingyu asks, "so, what did you want to talk about?"

Right, the reason why they were here, why they were meeting up, was because Jungkook wanted to talk to him about what had happened. The reason why he was absent for two school days and what's been going on inside his head. "I guess, I just want to talk about something that has been troubling me a lot recently. Basically, a life-changing event had happened for the past few days that I'm still not over. I would talk about this to my hyungs but I promised that I wouldn't tell any of them about it since they'd be greatly affected. It's not lying. Hiding, yeah. But I promised Taehyung to keep my mouth shut."