Chapter 5 - Undercover

Over the next two weeks, it was the same thing everyday. Wake up, breakfast. Weaponry training, morning tea. Self defence training, lunch. Electronic devices training, afternoon tea. Gym, then dinner and time to yourself. After dinner, I would often check in with Mr Mason, who would just give me a few tips for undercover work. One night, he gave me a new fake school I.D. But there was no picture of my face. Apparently my new name was Rebecca Thompson.

“Mr Mason, where is my picture?” I asked when he handed me the I.D.

“It will be taken, but first you need to have your makeover. You can’t look exactly the same as you do now in case someone recognizes you. Firstly, you hair will be dyed and cut. And you will need to wear contacts. I will get our stylist to do that for you after dinner,” he said. It never occurred to me that this agency would have a stylist. But I suppose if you are going undercover you do need to look as different as possible, and you need someone to assist you with that. Besides, I needed a new look anyway.

“So I am guessing the picture will be taken afterwards?” I asked. Mr Mason nodded.

That night after dinner, the stylist asked me to go down to floor three for her. On this floor were costumes, the hair salon, and so on.  Firstly, my hair was washed. Then she dyed it black and washed the remaining dye out. Then, she gave me a front fringe, rocker style, but left the length in the hair.

After the stylist did my hair, she put in my contacts and handed me a packet of them that would definitely last me a long time.

Ready for your nose piercing?” the hairdresser asked me. I looked up at her in surprise.

“Nose piercing? Do I really need a nose piercing?” I asked.

“Well, it would definitely make you as unrecognizable as possible. And it would kind of give you the “rocker” look we are going for,” she said. I sighed and gave in.

“Fine,” I answered. The piercing hurt like hell but if it served the purpose that the hairdresser said it would, then it should be worth it.

The hairdresser took me to a mirror and showed me my new look. I definitely looked much different from before. My long, fringeless blonde hair was now jet black, just as long, but instead of seeing my forehead you now saw my large front fringe. My clear blue eyes, with the contacts, were now an emerald green. And sure enough, there was my nose piercing with a blue stone in the middle.

“Wow, I look great. Thank you so much!” I said gratefully.

“You’re welcome, Rebecca,” she said with a wink. I then had my picture taken which was put onto my fake school I.D

When Ben and Penny saw my new look, they both agreed that I looked nearly unrecognizable, which was really good news. I hoped that I wouldn’t bring too much attention to myself when would start at the high school, you know with being three weeks late to start the term and all. But you can’t really accuse anyone of something without sufficient evidence, right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -