Chapter 10 - Lies

I froze where I was. Kaine froze as well and looked up at shock. We were kind of caught in an awkward position here, with Kaine lying on top of me with his hands on my waist and my hand on one of his hands and my other was on the back of his neck.

I pushed Kaine off of me and took the gun out of my pocket. I jumped up from the sand and aimed the gun at the person. It was Kevin. So, he WAS in the alliance!

“Rebecca, what the hell is happening and why did Kevin just call you Olivia?” asked Kaine, scared. I grabbed his arm and pulled him behind me. I still had my gun aimed at Kevin and his was aimed at me.

“Oh, poor Kaine. I just ruined their perfect moment, just for him to find out that the woman he loves is a liar,” said Kevin while smiling dangerously. With my spare hand, I took the gun out of my board shorts, pressed the button on it and chucked it to Kaine.

“Rebecca…what is happening?” asked Kaine.

“This isn’t Rebecca. Rebecca doesn’t exist. This is Olivia Poole,” said Kevin with a smirk. Kaine started moving away from me and aimed his gun towards Kevin.

“What?” asked Kaine.

“Run,” I demanded, turning to him.

“What does me mean when he said that you were Olivia Poole?!” he asked.

“RUN!” I shouted. Kaine ran for it and hid behind one of the pillar’s holding up the jetty.

“Oh Olivia, you never thought that your true identity would get out did you?” asked Kevin while moving close to me.

I then punched him as hard as I could in the jaw, which sent him falling to the ground. I kicked him in the stomach and he fell even further. Kevin jumped back up and kicked me in the shins, which made me fall to the ground. He then punched me in the face, really hard, which made me scream in pain. Both of our guns had slipped from our hands.

“Rebecca!” I heard Kaine shout. He was running towards us, but where on earth was his gun? I tackled Kevin to the ground and punched him in the face again. He punched me in the face as well, which sent me rolling towards one of the pillars. I stood up, but Kevin just pushed me against the pillar I was standing in front of and punched me again. I was surprised that I wasn’t unconscious. I kneed him as hard as I could in his stomach, which sent him doubled over.

“Throw me my gun!” I shouted to Kaine. He picked my gun up off the ground and threw it to me. I jumped up to catch it, but Kevin jumped in front of me and caught it instead. He aimed it at me.

“Looks like it’s all over now, Agent 13,” he said while wiping blood from his face.

“Not quite,” I answered. Now, to use some of that “karate” that Ben taught me. I kicked Kevin hard in the groin and then high kicked him in the face. He dropped the gun and fell to the ground in pain. This would have been my perfect opportunity to shoot him, but I didn’t. I ran towards Kaine, grabbed his hand, and sprinted down the other end of the beach, away from everyone else.

I was surprised that no one saw us. We kept running and running down the beach. I looked behind me to see if Kevin had followed us, but he was nowhere in sight. We hid behind a pile of rocks and sat down, trying to catch our breath. I felt my face and when I pulled away, there was blood all over my hand. I probably had a broken nose, because it sure felt like it.

“Rebecca, what the hell just happened?” asked Kaine.  There was no lie that could just make up for what happened, so it looked like I had to tell him the truth.

“My name is Olivia Poole, and I am the girl that everyone thinks is missing.  I went missing because I was taken in by a secret agent organization run by the CIA to find the most wanted, like murderers and that. My mission was to go undercover at our high school to locate any possible suspects that have formed an alliance with this murderer and has killed many people in this area,” I explained. He looked at me like a was crazy.