Chapter 15 - Dad?

I ran up the staircase, forgetting about everything else. I had to find Ben. When I reached the top of the staircase, a dark hall met me, with doors leading to rooms all along the hall. Which room did the shout come from?

I tried opening the first door, but it was locked. The second door was locked too. I then heard another loud thump, coming from the door that was down the end of the hall. I slowly moved towards it, with my gun pointed towards the door.

I pushed open the door carefully, and the room it led to was dark. The room was large, and open, like a dance studio. It was so dark that I could just see in the middle of the room, where the light had escaped from the large window in the gaps from the curtain. Around the rest of the room, was dark.

“Hello?” I called out. I heard the sound of footsteps coming from my left. My eyes adjusted to the darkness, and saw that it was a dark figure. I instantly aimed my gun at the unknown person.

“Get away,” I said. Instead, the figure moved towards the window and drew back the curtain, letting the sunlight come through the room. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the brightness, and looked at the figure.

I gasped when I saw the face. It was a face I knew only too well.

It was my father’s.

---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ -------------------------------

“DAD?!” I shouted. He moved towards me and put a finger to my lip, signalling me to be quiet.

“You need to get out of here now, Olivia. You are in danger,” he whispered, ushering me to the door. I turned around to him, confused.

“Why?” I asked. He just shook his head and kept pushing me to the door.

“Not time to explain, just go, and run,” he demanded. I heard thumping coming from behind a door that was at the other end of the room. It probably led to another room. I took a proper look around the room we were in, and the room was empty apart from a few wooden posts, and my father and I.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“GO!” he demanded. I ran to the door, leading to the hallway, until I heard a shout of pain come from the other room. It was Ben.

“Ben!” I shouted as I ran to the door. Dad tried to hold me back, but I pushed past.

“Don’t go in there, it’s a trap!” he said. But I didn’t care. All I could think of was Ben, being hurt. I had to stop them.

“Who else is in there?” I asked. Dad looked down.

“Your mother’s murderer, and two other people,” he said.

“What two other people?” I asked quickly.

“A man, and his son.”

“What son?” I asked. Was it Kaine?

“That boy…Kaine,” Dad said. I instantly pushed past him and pushed open the door, without a moment’s hesitation. He shouted out to me to stop, but I ignored him.

I had to stop myself from screaming when I saw what was behind the door. In the middle of the room, was Ben, and he was tied to a chair. His mouth was gagged and his arms and hands were tied. He wasn’t moving, but I could see his chest rise and fall. He was unconscious.

There was a large gash on the side of his head, which was bleeding down the side of his face. His arms too were cut, and I could see bruises already forming on his arms as well.

Standing behind Kaine was three figures. Only one of which I recognized. The first was Kaine, and he looked much different from when I last saw him. There were scars along the side of his face and neck, and his hair was much longer. His eyes were red, and instead of them using showing sympathy and care, they looked dangerous.