☠Chapter twenty☠

[Sam's p.o.v]
I must've fallen asleep since my blanket that was usually folded neatly at the edge of my bed was now draped over my body. Colby must've come in here earlier and did this.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes tiredly. What time was it?

I checked my phone that was plugged into my charger and unplugged it. 12:30 am. Wow, it's late.

I decided that I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep again, so I got up quietly and headed towards Colbys room. I opened it as quietly as I could, even though it had a loud squeak whenever someone would open it.

He was curled up into a ball, without any blanket on. And I could tell he was crying since I could see the small wetspot on his pillow and the dry tears that stained his face.

I frowned at the sight. Why had he been crying?

I walked slowly towards his bed. I placed a hand on his cheek and sighed when he still slept peacefully, almost in relief. Usually he would wake up right away. I slowly stood up from my crouched position and grabbed his blanket, pulling it over him.

I hesitantly kissed his forehead and whispered a "good night" to him, before leaving his room and returning to mine, in hopes of getting more rest.