11 ~ I'm Sorry

Roger had called me this morning, asking if I wanted to go to a party with him. I wasn't a huge party person, in fact, I could barely even stand being around a few people for too long. I still said I'd go, though. He's picking me up at 4:30 PM. It's 4:00 now, so I started to get ready. 

I put on a black sweater dress, not fancy at all, and combed through my knotted hair. I put on a small amount of Electra's mascara (Since I didn't own any makeup) and slipped on my skateboard shoes. Looking in the mirror, I didn't look any different than normal. I was supposed to look nice for this event, but this was the closest I could get. I decided to just go with it. 

It was 4:10, and I was waiting at the kitchen counter. Electra was cleaning the table, which somehow had gotten really sticky. All the sudden, there was a knock at the door. Jamie got up to get it, and when I looked over, I saw Blonde hair. Roger. 

"Oh, hi Roger! Come on in." Jamie said. SHIT!! Roger's in the apartment! He's gonna hate how I live, with piles of stuff everywhere. Our apartment was a pig's pen. He came in anyways, and  just stood there, looking around. 

I ran up to him, getting kind of close, so he'd take his attention off the room. "Hey, Roger! Why're you so early? It's only 4:12 you know." I said. 

"Oh, yeah, I know. I thought we'd just go a little early." He turned to look back at the room. I grabbed his wrist and walked to the door, pulling him back outside. 

"OK, great! We'll go now. Bye El, bye Jamie!" I yelled, shutting the door behind me. I passed Roger, and headed to the car, getting in. 

"What was that about?" Roger asked, pulling out into the street. 

"Nothing. It's not important." I said. Ugh! He probably thinks so much less of me now. He's seen how I live, how I don't have the money to support myself. The way I look doesn't make it any better. He's got a nice button up shirt and jeans on, and I'm wearing a long sweater. Plus, I'm completely broken, and can't take care of myself. 

We finally pulled up to the party, which was being held in a mansion. "Who's hosting this party?" I asked.

"Freddie." He said. That was the lead singer in his band, I knew that. "The whole group is gonna be here, and I want you to meet them." He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek as I continued to stare at the building. 

Roger had gone to find Brian, leaving me at the bar area. A few people were already drunk, and it made me uncomfortable. One guy in particular was falling over, running into people, smashing glasses, and yelling random things like 'Jacket in the dirt!' or 'Wrap up the piggy!' It was really weird. 

I've been waiting for about 5 minutes, but it felt like forever. Why couldn't he just leave me at the sofa in the other room? All the sudden, the drunk guy came stumbling into me, almost knocking me off my chair. 

"Hey, baby." He said, looking me up and down. He put a hand on my shoulder and said, "Wanna find some place to go? Just me and you." His words were all slurred together, so I could barely understand them. 

I got off m chair, and started to back away. "It's OK, baby." He started to wrap his arms around  my waist. "Don't be so rejecting. You know you want me." 

At this, I slapped him across the face, and pushed him away. "Get off of me!" Just then, someone pulled me behind them, facing the man themself. It was Roger. I got as close to him as possible.

"Listen man, this is my girlfriend! Leave now, you little shit!" He yelled. The man just stood there, starring at Roger, and then me. 

He gave out a little chuckle. "Yeah, right." He said

Roger picked up a beer bottle on the  counter, and held it up in the air. Before he could do anything, though, the guy ran away, knocking into the other people. Roger put it back on the counter and turned to me. 

"Are you alright?" He asked, placing a hand on my cheek. 

I didn't really feel like answering that question. I had something else on my mind. I hadn't realized it until now. "I'm you're girlfriend?" Before he could say anything, I pulled away, looking at him in shock. "I'm sorry." I said, "I need to go." 

I walked in the other direction, picking up my pace and leaving him speechless. I've never been able to hold a commitment. I always ruined them, no matter what. I didn't want to do that to Roger. I cared for him too much.