15 ~ Search Argument

Filler chapter...

Electra's POV
"Hello? Jamie is that you? Why did you just leave?!" I said, gripping the telephone line.
"I'm sorry," He said. There was obviously something wrong in his voice. "El, something happened to Kellen."
"What? W-what do you mean." I whispered. My anger started to simmer and tears flooded my eyes.
"Sh-she's missing. Neither Roger or I can find her. I don't know what to do, El." I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears.
"Did you call the police?" I asked.
"Yes. They said she's been added to the list of missing people's cases. Nothing more they'll do." Jamie's throat was all choked up.
"Don't worry. We'll find her. I promise." I said, even though I wasn't sure If we would.

Roger's POV
I've got to find her. She's got to be somewhere. I was digging through all her stuff with Jamie, trying to find a clue.
"Wait..." I tried to spark my memory. "She told me something about, oh, I don't remember!"
"Don't remember what?" Jamie said. I felt a tear run down my cheek.
"I don't know. Kellen told me something and I can't remember. Shit!!" I shouted.
"Hey, pal," Jamie said, walking over to me sitting on the bed. "It's not your fault. We're gonna find her. Whatever she said, isn't gonna be important. OK?"
I looked at him, feeling sad and empty inside, but covering it up with anger. My face was red hot and I furrowed my eye brows.
"You need a break." Jamie mumbled, standing up. "Come on. Let's go get lunch and think this over."
Lunch? No way was I gonna stop for anything! "Jamie, no! I can't just give up now, I can't..." I have to find her.
"Roger, just come. Please?" He walked over to my side, pulling her notebook out of my hands. "It'll do us all a favor. Take a break so we can think more clearly. Eat some food. Clear your brain from the stress." He said, giving me a pat on the back. He started to walk out the room. "Come on."
He was right. Maybe lunch would help us come up with new ideas. I was tired and needed a break anyways. I headed for the door, following him out to his broken down, dented car. I wonder what had happened to it? 

"Jamie, what's wrong with your car?" I asked, as we drove away. 

"Oh. A few years ago, I was helping Kellen escape from someone, and the guy who took her then crashed into us. I just don't have the the money to get it fixed." He said. Holy shit. How many damn people are trying to kill her?

We finally pulled up to a small tea house. After ordering our drinks, Electra came walking in the door. Jamie got up, pulling out a seat for her. "Did you find anything?" He said. 

"Uh no. Not yet. I guess she just never talked to anyone." She mumbled. She looked down at her hands, which were red from how much she's rubbed them. Electra's been driving around town asking if anyone knew anything. 

"Did you go to her work?" Jamie asked, leaning in. 

"Yeah, actually, about that..." Wait... oh no. Kellen never told them she was fired. Oh shit. "Kellen was fired, Jamie. They said it was a few days ago. But, she's been leaving for work everyday." They both looked over to me.

"Roger, what happened?" Jamie asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Damn it!" He yelled, throwing his fist on the table. "I know you have something to do with this, just tell us!" 

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. "OK, look," I replied, "She was fired that day I took her to work, and--"

"YOU got her fired!!" Electra shouted.

"No! It was because she missed a day, the day she was attacked on the street. Her boss fired her for that." I leaned back in my chair. "She just didn't want you guys to know."

"What? Why not?" Jamie asked.

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not. She didn't want you guys making such a big deal out of this, when you were already making a deal about the attack. She can't handle that amount of stress and attention, and you two of all people should know that!" 

They both looked down, Electra rubbing her hands again. We all apologized to each other. For the rest of the hour, we ate in complete silence, except for a few comments or ideas of where Kellen could be. 

I think we were all thinking of ways to find her, or remembering some amazing times we had with her. God, I miss her. I couldn't bare to loose her.