14

Eddie looked up curiously at the boy who had just said his name. Then, he took the memory album from Richie and flipped to the page with the picture of the group that Richie called "the losers."

The boy standing above him was one from the picture.

"You're a loser," Eddie said, looking up at the boy who seemed taken aback for a second.

"How the fuck are you alive?" the boy asked, his eyes wide in shock.

Eddie didn't know how to respond, so he looked to Richie for help.

"Stay here, Eds," Richie said, looking up at the boy. "I'll be right back."

Eddie nodded and watched as Richie grabbed the boy's arm and brought him to the kitchen, followed by the other people who walked through the door.

•••

"How the fuck is he alive?" Stan asked, eyes blown wide in shock. "Richie, what the hell is going on?!"

"Shut it, Stan," Richie snapped, glancing over at Eddie who was smiling at the pictures in the album.

"We d-deserve an ex-explanation, Richie," Bill said, trying to stop the bickering between his two friends.

Richie sighed, sitting down at the kitchen table. "I don't have one," he said, resting his head in his hands.

Bev sat next to him, grabbing his shoulder. "We need you to explain what that means," she said softly, noticing how upset he was getting.

Richie sighed again, tears in his eyes when he looked up at his friends. "He doesn't remember anything. I'm not sure why or how, or even what happened," he whispered.

"He died, Rich," Mike said, barely daring to believe that Eddie was still alive. "This is impossible."

"Look at him, Mike!" Richie snapped, feeling a wave of anger crash over him. "He's alive, and I need to make him remember me! I can't let everything fucking disappear!"

Everyone was surprised at how quickly Richie snapped, especially when they saw his tears. It was a known fact that Richie Tozier didn't cry, yet as soon as he'd lost Eddie he cried almost every night. Now that they knew Eddie was alive, they figured Richie would be healed...

The world didn't seem to work that way.

"We need to know what happened and how he survived. Want to reintroduce us?" Ben asked gently, smiling at Richie who let out a shaky breath and nodded.

He lead them to the living room and sat next to Eddie, who offered him a smile, though there wasn't much emotion behind it. It was tough to show emotion to someone he didn't know or feel anything for.

"You don't remember these people, but they're the losers club. Your friends," Richie explained. "That's Stan, Mike, Ben, Bev, and Bill."

"Nice to meet you," Eddie said, though everyone in the room knew exactly who he was. "Is it true you're my friends?"

"Y-yeah it is." Bill sat next to Eddie and smiled at him. "We've been f-friends for nearly t-t-ten years."

Eddie frowned. "I'm sorry, I don't remember any of you."

"It's okay, Eds," Richie said, opening the memory album again to where they left off.

Eddie wrinkled his nose at the name. "I don't like that name," he said. "Don't call me that."

"I guess he didn't forget everything," Stan said with a smirk. "Oh, Rich, we found this." Stan tossed Richie his journal, who caught it and gaped at the book.