30

No one knew what to say. They refused to believe Richie would run away again... but then again, he was gone.

"Where the hell would he have gone?" Stan asked after they showed up at Hopper's house again, instantly realizing Richie was gone.

"I have no idea..." Bev walked over to the counter where Richie's journal sat, not having been touched since earlier that morning.

"The portal," Hopper said, bending down and picking up some papers that had been cast all over the room. "Wind shows up with that portal."

"The same portal that took Eddie and the other enhanced kids?" Ben asked.

Hopper had told them about everything that happened inside the lab once they got back, as Richie had fallen into a depressed state and didn't want to talk about losing Eddie again.

"I assume, so he should be okay as long as he's with El and Eddie."

"Should be?!" Bev asked, glaring at Hopper. "We need to find him!"

"He could be anywhere, kid. I'm sure he's okay."

Bev was still annoyed, but Stan shot her a look that told her to calm down. Reluctantly, Bev stopped thinking of ways to fight back and sat down on the couch.

"Wh-what about my b-brother?" Bill asked, sitting on one of the stools at the counter. He was still guilty about losing Georgie, but knowing he was alive made him less stressed and more positive.

"He, Eddie, and El are all together. Kali is with them too, and even though I don't really know her, I want to trust that they'll be safe," Hopper responded, patting Bill's shoulder, comforting him.

"So we're not even going to look?"

Hopper shook his head. "No, but you all are going to call your parents and let them know you're alive. I'm sure they've been worried," he said, raising an eyebrow.

Everyone groaned but stood in line for the phone, except Bev, who remained behind. Hopper gave her a look, but with one swift glare from Bev, he seemed to understand. Naturally, all of the parents were pissed off and horrified that their kids would run away, so the losers gave their locations and told them they'd be home as soon as they could.

"Stan?" Mike asked after they'd all hung up with their parents.

"What?"

"You know Richie's parents. They're probably worried, especially with how depressed Richie was. I think you should call them," he said, handing Stan the phone.

Stan nodded and dialed the number. It rang twice before being picked up.

"Hello?!" came Maggie's voice. She sounded frantic, as if she was hoping Richie was calling or someone that knew where he was had called.

"Hi, Mrs Tozier. It's Stan."

"Oh my god, Stan! Where did you all go?! Is Richie there?! Is he okay?!" She spoke quick and her voice was tight, as if she was holding back tears.

"I... yes, he's okay," Stan said, not willing to tell Maggie that her son had been taken by an enhanced person who opened a portal and pulled him through.

"Can I talk to him?"

"He can't come to the phone right now, but he's okay, I promise you. We're coming home soon, I think. Just knew we're all okay and that we're working through some things."

A sob could be over the phone, and whether it was out of joy or sadness was unclear. "Where's my son? Please, I need to talk to him!" Maggie cried out, making Stan's heart break a little.