Letter 4 & 5

Dear Eds,

I'll probably let you read this once you get your memories back. Even though you don't remember, you're still you. You still have sarcasm and are adorable as shit, and I'm so happy you're alive.

I know it's going to take time for you to remember, but I hope it's sooner rather than later. I really need you to remember. I'm lost without you telling me to fuck off or hearing a "beep beep Richie." I really want you to cuddle me right now, but you're asleep on the other side of the bed, but I can't blame you.

None of this is your fault.

Bill told me about the scientist guy that Hopper saved you from. He said he was after you and the other "numbers." I didn't even know you had a weird looking tattoo on your wrist, so who's to say it was there before you were taken?

I mean, I'm questioning everything right now.

Was that clown real? How can you be alive if IT actually was real? Why doesn't anyone remember what happened after you were killed? I don't even know what to think.

All I can think is that I fucking love you Eds, and I'm begging you to remember me. I need you to remember me. I don't care if you just remember a few years, but I need you to remember something. Anything.

I know you're still in there, Eds.

I'm trying to come up with something to activate your mind and make you remember, but I'm not sure what. I've shown you pictures, told you stories, but I'm not sure what else to say or do.

I want to fuck up that scientist who took you away from me. I don't know what he did, but he did something to take away the person I love. I swear Eds, I'm going to bring your memories back, keep you safe, and take you home.

I hope you remember, because I refuse to lose you. If you can't, we'll remake the good memories.

All my love,

Richie

•••

Richie looked over at Eddie after he finished his entry, then to the clock on the wall. It was nearly two in the morning, so Richie turned off the light and laid his head on the pillow.

He never got the chance to fall asleep. As soon as he turned the light off, he heard quiet sobs from beside him along with whining. Richie turned the light back on and looked over at Eddie, who was squirming in the sheets, tears streaming down his face and whimpering in what looked life fear.

"D-don't," Eddie whined, breathing heavily, grabbing his arm. "N-no."

Richie saw he was gripping his hand where he had the mark on his arm. He was whining and still crying but he seemed to be asleep.

"Eds," Richie whispered, touching Eddie's shoulder, who flinched and pulled away, shouting out loud.

"No, please! I'm sorry," he screamed. "Don't!"

"Eddie!" Richie hissed, shaking him.

It only made things worse.

Eddie rolled away, ending up on his stomach and cried even harder. "I don't want to forget! Please don't take them away!" he yelled, those words catching Richie's attention.

"Eddie, come on, wake up," Richie whispered, trying to wake up Eddie but keep him calm at the same time. He placed his hand on Eddie's back, rubbing gently to try to soothe him. "Eds, it's okay."

Eddie's breathing calmed a little, but another dream attacked his mind, making him yell out in fear again. "No, don't! Let me die, please, let me die! I'd rather die!" he screamed, sobbing even harder.