31

Eddie turned over in bed, unable to get comfortable. Every time he fell asleep, he kept seeing IT. Even though all of the IT sightings were actually projected by holograms, that didn't take away the memories. It was nearly three in the morning, the usual time for Eddie to wake up.

Richie was asleep next to him, his breathing slow and calm, showing he was really asleep. Eddie crawled closer to Richie, wrapping his arms around his waist and settling his head onto Richie's chest.

Richie's eyes fluttered open and he looked over to Eddie. "Eds? Are you okay?" he asked groggily, blinking in the dark.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just cold since Georgie decided to freeze the entire house," Eddie said with a fake laugh. Even in the dark, Eddie could see Richie roll his eyes.

"Your eyes are shiny, Eds. Were you crying?" Richie whispered, sitting up and pulling Eddie closer to him.

Eddie touched his face and realized there were wet spots from tears. "Oh shit, I was crying."

Richie snickered and pressed a kiss to Eddie's hair, breathing in the familiar scent. "Why?"

"I don't know. I keep having dreams about IT, even though I know everything about IT was fake. I... I don't know," Eddie whispered, tilting his head and meeting Richie's eyes.

"It's okay, Eds. Even though IT wasn't real, the memories are real. I'll be here for every nightmare, Eds," Richie responded, hugging Eddie tighter to prove his point.

Eddie giggled. "Thanks, Rich."

"Anything for my Eddie Spaghetti."

Eddie rolled his eyes. "I'm going to let the nicknames slide just because you're too tired to defend yourself if I was to hit you," he said, kissing Richie's neck before resting his head on his chest again.

"You're braver than you think, Eds," Richie said out of nowhere, earning Eddie's attention.

"What?"

"You're so brave. I don't even know how to explain it. You're just so brave and so powerful and I love that about you. I know it all sounds cheesy but I-"

Richie was cut off by Eddie smashing their lips together, cupping Richie's face with his hands. He pulled away, leaving Richie blushing in the darkness of their room.

"I love you, Richie. I know we didn't really establish dating or whatever, but I love you more than anything or anyone," Eddie whispered, his voice breaking.

Richie could feel his own tears run down his cheeks, stopping at Eddie's hands. "I love you, too," Richie murmured back, wiping Eddie's tears away as Eddie gave him the same treatment.

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't, Eds."

"I'm not normal, Rich. I have these powers and Brenner will keep coming for me... I'll never be the Eddie that I was before I realized that the weird things I saw had to do with my gift... I'm sorry," Eddie said in a crackly voice, his tears running down his cheeks.

"Shhh, I don't care about that. I don't want anyone but you, no matter your changes. So what if you can see where people are? At least you'll always know if our friends are safe and you can find shit a lot easier," Richie said with a smile, pulling Eddie as close as he could.

"I think I can see the future, too," Eddie whispered. "But it's never by choice... I s-saw you getting hurt, Rich. I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

"It's gonna be okay, Eds. Nothing can pull us apart. I'll protect you with everything I have."

Eddie knew there was no chance he could change Richie's mind, so he accepted his fate and laid back down, closing his eyes. Just before they drifted off, Eddie bear a strange buzzing sound, then a weird beeping. He assumed he was dreaming, but couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that the beeping left behind.