Letter 9

Eds,

I don't even really know why I'm writing this, since you know all that's going on anyway.

Basically, when we got back, my mom didn't know whether to ground me forever, to start crying because I was okay, or to start crying because you were okay.

She cried a lot, but I did end up grounded. No staying out past curfew for a month, no sleepovers, but I can still hang out with you during the day. I'm okay with that, honestly. Lord knows what we'd get into if we were alone at night ;)

I'm just writing this so I can remember everything. It's been two days since we came home and I'm already forgetting some things.

Hopper explained everything to our parents. They were shocked, especially your mom. She didn't know you had gifts, but she didn't care. Hell, she accepted you as soon as you said we were dating, so long as we wait until you're out of the house to have sex.

Sorry Sonia, have you seen your son's ass?!

Actually, I hope she never answers that question. I regret writing that, but I'm using pen so oops.

Anyway, even though Bill's parents were absent, they've changed for the better. As soon as they learned about Georgie's gifts and his interaction with Brenner, they started to try to help him learn to control.

He's doing extremely well and Bill has been doing better than ever. He, Mike, and our splendid Stan the Man are in a three way relationship and they always slap me when I call them them the Threesome. It's a term of endearment!

Ben and Bev have started going out as well, and I'm pretty sure they're the only two who didn't see that coming. Let's be honest, they're a match made in hell/heaven. Bev is definitely the devil and Benny Boy is our angel.

Henry Bowers has surprisingly backed off and I know it has to do with me kicking his ass before I took off. Stan told me it's because my mom threatened to sue his family, but I know it's all my muscles and strength. You'd agree with me, huh Eds?

Yeah, probably not.

So, other news... we have to go to school still unfortunately, but you and I have a lot of classes together. Everything seems better since we know what to expect. You can see the future, and you've gotten good at controlling when you want to see things.

I'm so proud of you, Eds.

I don't know why I still choose to write, since there are blood stains on this book and I wrote to preserve the memory of you. I guess this is my way to preserve the memories that I've made and those to come.

I know it's strange because we're still kids, but I know we're soulmates. I'll never love anyone the way I love you, and I hope you see it that way as well.

Greyson has dropped by a couple of times in the middle of the night at my place and I'm sure he's done the same with you. It's mostly to check in and make sure we're all okay, but I feel like it has a lot to do with Avi's focus on our relationship.

I can't tell if I hate or love that girl.

All I'm saying is, they're all invited to our wedding. Think of the free wedding planning!

Georgie can do ice sculptures, Luka can pretend to be a priest, Katie can be Katie, Edwin can do the lighting and Greyson is just a badass. Like, I love you with all my heart, but Greyson is a fine piece of ass.

Once again, I regret writing. Whatever. You know it's true.

It's currently ten o'clock and I've barely finished my homework. Ever since you came home I've been doing shit on time. I better be careful or I'll end up as a valedictorian. Can't take that from Ben. He'd probably smile and applaud me, but we all know that's because Ben is a literal godsend.

I bet you're working on homework right now, too. Since you were gone in a secret lab with psychotic killers, you've missed a lot of shit.

Bad joke, sorry.

Honestly, our town is dumb as fuck. Like, Hopper made up this story about how you went missing in the woods and we found some other kid's body but it was unidentifiable. Like, who's gonna believe that?!

At least it meant we got to dig up your grave and get your blanket back. I know you still sleep with it, despite your complaints that you don't want to touch anything that's been in a, and I quote, "germ infested maggot box that held my fake dead body."

You do have a way with words.

I just can't express how happy I am that you're alive. It's been a crazy time, and I'm so happy it turned out this way. Things have never been better, and I know that they will only go up from here.

You're my life, my light, my love, and I promise I'll never let you go.

But you already knew that. I was so lost without you. I was a true loser. You lost your memories, your freedom, everything.

Now you're okay.

You're here.

I love you so much and I know that we'll live long, happy lives. Fuck this world and their law that gay people can't get married. Our parents and friends support us, and that's all that I need. Someday, when it's legalized, we'll get married for real.

Use your powers and see if that's what happens.

Actually, don't. I know how you like surprises.

Well, this is goodnight, Eds.

We've got school and all that bullshit, so best of luck to both of us.

We're gonna make it, Eds.

There's no doubt about it in my mind.

All my love,

Richie

———————

Okay so this is basically the end except I got a fluffy epilogue that comes out tomorrow then I'll start my new story :)

It's going to be a different type of AU that I'm using for a school novel project that I'm forming into reddie so you guys will enjoy it and I don't have to follow my OG plot line.

It takes place in a divided world, where Richie and Eds are parts of two different countries and all that bullshit that comes with it.

I'm hoping y'all will enjoy it :)