Letter 7

Eds,

I just got you back, and it seems as though I've lost you again. I don't know how this can be happening. Dammit, I just want to go back to Derry, to the days I didn't know my mom wasn't my real mom, to the days where we could hang out all day and we were happy.

When you were happy.

God, Eds, your smile lights up my world. I hate that I haven't been able to see it for over two months. I hate that you can't remember me or any of the losers.

You deserve so much, love. I miss you, I miss who you were, and all I want is to get you back.

We're on our way back to Hawkins, now. It's nearly two in the morning, but we don't really have a way to find you right now. So, we decided the best course of action is to go to Hawkins and try to figure out something from there. I know Mike, Hopper, and I won't give up, and I doubt the other losers will. We all love you Eds, you and El. Even Kali, and I've only met her once. We all want the three of you safe.

I promise that I won't stop until you're safe in my arms again, whether you can remember me or not. I swear, we'll find a way to help you remember, I don't care how long it takes.

I can't lose you.

We're almost to Hawkins, maybe an hour away. As soon as I get there, I'm going to try to find some way to locate you. I can't lose you. I know I've said it hundreds of times, but I'm gonna say it again.

I love you so much, Eds. I won't lose you. I need you in my life. I'm going to try to protect you as best as I can, and I'm sorry I couldn't do it before.

I hope you're safe. Please be safe.

All my love,

Richie

•••

Eddie, despite the chip in his arm, could still use his powers. He saw Richie writing the letter, and felt himself crying.

"Richie still thinks I don't remember him," Eddie said sadly, looking at El with tears streaming down his face.

It had been a rough period of time, as they didn't know if it was morning or night. The scientists had come in and taken each of them, run tests on them, then stuck them back in the room with the others. Everyone was in the room except Avi, who had been taken thirty minutes before.

The three in the room were all hurt, both physically and mentally. Scars littered all of their bodies, and Eddie knew it would be a while before they faded.

He and Kali had attempted to remove El and Avi's restraints so they could break them out, but it was no use. Every time they tried to touch them, they ended up getting shocked and it left red, burning marks on their hands and arms.

"It's okay, when we get back you can tell him you remember," Kali said with a smile, resting her hand on Eddie's shoulder.

She could tell how upset and afraid he was, and she wanted to offer him as much reassurance as possible. If they broke down and lost hope, they'd never get out.

"Thanks, Kali," Eddie said weakly, pulling his knees to his chest.

The door opened and Avi was shoved inside, but it was clear there had been some kind of conflict. She was yelling at someone, slamming her hand on the door furiously once it had been shut on her. She looked worse off than the rest of them had; more scars and she looked exhausted.

"Fuckers!" she screamed once the door had been slammed, banging her hands against the door.

"What happened?" Eddie asked, immediately rushing toward her to look at the marks.

He had plenty of practice looking at wounds and making sure they weren't life threatening since Richie always seemed to be getting hurt somehow. Whether it was fighting the Bowers gang, trying to do some stupid stunt, or tripping up the stairs, Eddie knew enough about injuries.

Avi sat down irritably and let Eddie look over her burns, as well as some cuts that were bleeding. "They're hurting the kid. We need to get the hell out of here and save him!" she said, staying as still as possible so Eddie could wipe the blood from her cuts.

Eddie continued to clean the cuts but he wasn't as focused. "They're hurting Georgie?" he asked, feeling horrible.

"Don't blame yourself," Avi said looking back at him. "But yes, so we need to get out of here and save him."

"Who's Georgie?" Kali asked.

"Experiment fourteen. He's my friend's younger brother. We thought he died, but apparently he was kidnapped by a psychopath and has abilities," Eddie said, grabbing his hair irritably. "We need to save him."

"We need to get out of here first," El said, tapping the ring that was locked on her ankle. "But we can't get these off."

Kali groaned and laid back on the floor. "Hopefully someone can find us then."

"What about your gang?" El asked, looking at Kali.

"We broke up. Cops came after us and I knew I'd be caught sooner or later, so we all went our own ways. No hard feelings between us, just was better if we weren't all together killing people," Kali said, shrugging. "They won't come for us."

El nodded, but didn't seem pleased. "So we can't do anything but wait?"

Avi slammed her arm into the wall, trying to break the cuffs, only for nothing to happen. She glared at the metallic bands and sat down. "Yeah, it seems like it. Whenever we have our meetings with Brenner and whatnot, we should always be looking to escape. If you have a chance, take it. The most important piece right now is getting out so we can get help."

Everyone agreed on that, before settling into different spots in the room to try to sleep. There was no bed and the ground was hard, so it was difficult to drift off.

Eddie was the last one awake. He wanted to be in Derry with Richie, cuddling together in Richie's bed. It was where he felt the safest and the most loved.

But no, he was stuck on a cold floor in a lab. Despite being surrounded by people, Eddie found himself wishing he didn't feel so alone.