Epilogue

"Dear Eds,

So, I've been writing to you in a journal for ten years, and I've gone through a lot of journals. I've already heard you say your part today, so I'm gonna say mine.

I love you with everything I've got. I lost you once and it broke me, so I will never let that happen again. You're my world and without you the world would be a dark place.

I know that this is all informal since gay marriage isn't technically acceptable, but who gives a fuck?

Not me.

All I know is that within the next few hours I will be informally married and get the opportunity to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and soon-to-be husband. I love you and I am so excited to continue my life with you, just in a different sense.

I actually had planned on reading this to you when I proposed, but you beat me to it. So, I saved this and decided I'd add to it. I mean, we all know I'm a damn good writer, so I can work this shit and make it any way I want.

Sorry, that's a little off topic.

So, I'll get to the actual vows and promises instead of rambling because I can tell that Bev is getting irritated with me. I promised her I wouldn't ramble and just acknowledge the fact that I'm marrying the most beautiful boy in the world, but we know I was never one to quickly come to terms with my feelings.

Alrighty, so here's my vows.

I promise that for the rest of my life I'll be here. I will never, ever leave you wondering, I'll never forget how much I love you. I will protect you, care for you, smile with you and cry with you. I will never let you feel unsafe or scared, and I will be the best person I can be, just for you.

You've made me into a better person, and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Eddie Spaghetti Kaspbrak, with this ring, I'm giving myself to you along with the promise that you will never feel alone for as long as we're together, which I assume will be a really long time.

I've known you my whole life and I know you like the back of my hand. Even though I know you this well, there's always more to learn. Like, yesterday you ran out of the bathroom screaming because there was a spider in the shower. I knew you didn't like spiders, but I don't know you were that scared of them!

Sorry, that's off topic again.

I'll be there to smash every spider, to wipe away every tear, to care for you the same you will for me no matter what. I promise you that I'll be the best person I can be, and I know that you have made me a better person.

I love you Eds, and I can't wait to start spending the rest of my life with you."

Eddie was in tears by the time Richie finished his vows, and cheers could be heard around the room. Richie put the silver ring in his hand on Eddie's ring finger, smiling widely and feeling his own tears come to his eyes.

The priest (who was actually Luka shifted into a priest he'd seen in the street the other day) gave them the command to kiss, and they did without hesitation.

They'd kissed many times before, but this time was different. Now they were pledged to each other and were going to spend the rest of their lives together.

They couldn't legally get married in a church, so they had rented out a venue that stood before a lake, where they had their informal wedding.

Sonia was in the front row sitting beside Wentworth, both of them crying in joy for their kids who were finally married. Part of Wentworth's tears were from sadness, as Maggie never got to see the day that her son got married to the love of his life. She'd been hit by a drunk driver and died days later in the hospital.