ROUTINE

When is the last time you had sex?

It's a question Margot could not answer without consulting Nathan, who kept the count. According to Nathan, the last time they had an enjoyable, see memorable lovemaking session was before December 2012 and their daughter Diva's birth.

Ever since sex was a trial for Margot, she could not explain it; her libido strutted out the door with her miniskirts and nine inches heels, or did it?

Baby blues, fatigue, these were the reasons everyone evoked to reassure her, but almost eight years after, there was no excuse left to explain Margot's total lack of interest for a leg-over-ride.

If Margot could not say when her last bed-o-thon was, Nathan knew 2372 days had passed since the woman last felt the desire to do a lap dance for him.

As usual, Margot woke up to an empty bed. Pissed off by the woman's behavior, Nathan slept on the couch. For the man who needed attention, every night was a battle of nerves.

The light kisses and caresses of preliminaries did not cut anymore. Nathan wanted something raw and savage. He got a natural NO, from Margot who did not even take care to beat around the bush.

Margot cut straight right through the bush, not minding the causality she left behind.

It seemed the sentiment love was not enough for the man, who saw no affection in Margot's wish to maintain a loving, but platonic relationship.

As for Margot, sex was part of the relationship, but not the essential; at least not anymore, she thought as she flushed the toilet and walked to Diva's room.

"Diva, wake up. It's time for school."

The routine, Margot didn't hate it, nor did she wish to spice it up. It was life, and up till now, it was what she wanted. A good job, a good man, and a child, the woman felt she accomplished something.

"Mom, can I wear my new vinyl boots today?"

"They're still a little big for you."

"Oh, Mathilda has new shoes. Everyone says they are cool. I want to wear mine."

Margot shook her head in disapproval, regretting having given such a precious name to her daughter, who already showed signs of being a showoff and an attention seeker.

Diva's attitude bigged up with the praises people gave. If only the entire world refrained from raving about how beautiful she was, perhaps the little girl would learn the signification of being humble.

Curly brown hair, almond-shaped hazel eyes, and dimples, everyone fell under Diva's spell. At the same time, what could one expect when seeing her father?

Sun-kissed blonde hair, novel-worthy description green eyes, and freckles out for summer, Nathan was the typical French guy most women would like to get with if you are into your beach or skater boy.

Yeah, the man possessed the looks, and it would be a lie to say this was not the reason Margot fell for him.

Twenty-two-year-old Margot was into the face plus body duo, having common passions or brains came way behind the Instagram selfie perfect physique at the time.

Nathan made Margot laugh, and it was enough. Back then, when they met, a good laugh was all the woman thought she needed.

Now, it was pursed lips, and a Sahara desert dry good morning Margot received as she crossed the living room to make her way to the kitchen where she began to prepare Diva's breakfast. The jokes, kindness, and little attention only gushed out when Margot feigned to accept a quickie.