❥Chapter 1

Moving isn't so bad is it?

You actually never thought you would move out, it was hard to let go of the place you were born in, your feet stuck on the ground just like roots. You made lots of friends here too so it was a lot harder to leave them behind.

You held tightly a necklace you had in your hand, a jewelry that was given to you by your best friend before passing away.

It wasn't the best time to move out, it wasn't even that long when she passed away, you slowly look at your mother's eyes full of guilt, "if only we could have moved out another day, I want to grieve properly or at least visit her one more time..." you say and you look at the suitcase in the car trunk.

You felt your mother's hand rubbing your back gently, she didn't say anything then walked away, she didn't know how to answer so the best she could do was walk away. Your aunt was also there but she didn't say anything and only looked at your mother with sad eyes, you didn't pay any mind to her since she knew it was best to leave you alone.

The urge to cry was coming again just like yesterday, just like a week ago after finding out how your best friend was very ill, to the point where there was no cure to save her.

You did the best you could to be with her, you visited her almost everyday to be with her and to let her know she wasn't alone, and she smiled at that, she appreciated your company a lot.

You get in the car, already looking outside the window hoping your mother wouldn't do any small talk next to you, you just wanted silence and nothing else.

The car started moving, already making its way to the airport, you looked out the window with blank eyes as trees and buildings passed by waiting for the car to make its stop to your destination.

__

Minutes passed and nobody in the car said a single word, it was silent and very awkward, the radio softly playing any music that was trending or it was just repetitive, listening to it over and over again. Your eyes turn to your aunt who was driving, her eyes focused on the road and grabbing the steering wheel tightly like she felt your eyes on her.

You turned your eyes outside the window once again looking uninterested at the gray looking sky, tall and skinny pines towering over you, getting smaller as the car passed by.

The car finally made a complete stop to its destination, your mother patted your shoulder before she got out, you didn't though you just watched as other people were getting their suitcases out of their car, or other people hugging each other tightly and crying. You slowly get out of the car and the sound of cars honking were much louder than before.

Your mother hands you your suitcase and gives you your ticket, then gets close to your aunt to give her one last hug, "thank you for everything."

"Please take care of yourself," she says as a tear runs down her face, feeling sad for seeing her only sister leave, then she turns to you and hugs you tightly, you also return the hug, feeling bad that she has to be by herself, "(Y/n), I know how it feels to lose someone... but remember that you must also move on, promise me you'll take care of yourself as well alright?"

You softly smile at her and nod in response, you slowly wipe her tear away, she releases you from the hug and backs away to look at you and your mother.

"Let's go, (Y/n)," your mom says as she starts to make her way in the airport, your aunt waves goodbye before she got in her car.

__

It was silent throughout the whole check in, no exchange of words with your mother, nothing. It was like you were just walking next to a stranger, it felt odd, not that you didn't mind, after all you didn't want to talk and just wanted a bit of peace.

Hours passed and you finally got on the airplane, already in the air looking at nothing but clouds, and the sun was shining with all its might it was almost blinding honestly. You look to the seat next to you, your mother already sleeping, she always looked stressed even when she was sleeping, it never seemed like she was relaxed it's like she always had something bothering her in her mind.

And sometimes you wondered what she was thinking that made her look so scared of everything.

You look in front of you, you could see your reflection on the small tv that was in front of you, you looked like you haven't slept in weeks, you weren't surprised though, having sleepless nights thinking about your friend was stressing enough that it made you look like a raccoon with those dark circles.

Maybe some sleep could help you relax and forget about what has happened, just a small nap could help you forget everything.

Your eyes flutter when you feel gentle taps on your shoulder, you lazily move your head to the side as you see your mother tilting her head to let you know that the plane finally landed. That was quick.

You slowly get up from your seat, and wait for the other passengers to pass by, some even pushed your mother since they were so eager to get off the plane, they didn't even let your mother to have the chance to take your suitcase.

__

It was finally over, you got off the plane and done everything to get out of that airport. You were finally on the taxi with your mom, your mom looked at you and gave you a small smile, "hey, we can finally start fresh, a new start in here what do you think?" She asks.

You didn't say anything though, you were still feeling empty and there was no need to be making conversations, you could see your mother's smile fading and turning into a small frown.

"I know it's hard that your friend passed away, (Y/n) I understand but you can't really be in this state forever, you know that right?" You turn to your mother in disbelief, she wasn't wrong, you needed to move on at some point but she doesn't know how it feels to lose someone.

You still didn't say anything though, you just looked outside the window trying to forget your mother's words.