❥Chapter 5

He takes his glasses and puts them back on, a sigh of relief comes to him when he sees that his glasses weren't broken.

Though as he was checking his glasses the other boy gets up and takes a look at you, he didn't say anything but just stands behind the blond boy.

"Thanks..." before the blond could say anything he paused for a bit, his face showing confusion, "sorry I have never seen you here before, are you new?" He asks.

"Oh, right yeah I'm new here," you respond to him, a glint in his eyes suddenly appear and smiles.

"Oh in that case, why don't you join us? Aiden and I can show you around," he motions to the brunette behind him, Aiden looked more timid when he looked at you, his gaze turning to the ground quickly before you could make any eye contact, "I'm Tom by the way, as you can see... we're not very likeable people," he laughs nervously.

You frown at this, you never expected for him to say that, in your experience you never had any people that were left behind or that weren't bullied.

"Sorry but what's your name?" Tom asks by changing the subject but also forgetting that he didn't let you introduce yourself.

"Oh, my name is (Y/n)," you simply responds as he only nods.

"Well... we can't exactly show you around in public, after all the students will see the new student hanging around with us which isn't good." Tom says as he takes a look at Aiden, but Aiden only shrugs as a response.

"Oh I see... but I don't really mind hanging out with you two, you seem pretty nice." For your first day it seemed that they were more genuine than Maggie and her friends, not to get the wrong idea Maggie seemed fairly nice, her friends just felt... off in a way. "Sorry but I have to go, hopefully I don't get lost, see you around!" You didn't let them say anything and you just turn around and go back to the building leaving the two alone under the tree. 

__

You didn't realize how many classes you missed and you knew you would get in trouble for that with your mom, a long talk was gonna be waiting at your house when she receives a letter from the teacher. Though as you were thinking about it you stop to see your last class of the day in front of you, art class. You weren't exactly sure as to why they put you in this class, you didn't have any talent in drawing at all, but maybe learning a new hobby wouldn't hurt either, you take a deep breath and get in the class. as you entered you could sense the smell of paint in the classroom right away, the walls were filled with drawings of portraits or landscapes and such showing the classroom a really colorful place. 

Not only that as you scanned the room you see that the class wasn't that full of students, and by counting them in your mind there were maybe... fifteen students in total. 

You slowly look around to take a seat since the teacher didn't seem to be present today, and to your surprise you see the same boy from your first class, the one who was drawing yet he looked a bit intimidating to you, but he was the only boy you recognized in here and maybe you could get closer to him if you could, you made up your mind to sit in front of him, it wouldn't hurt to make another friend yourself.

You take a seat in front of him and put your backpack on the floor beside you, it seemed to grab the boy's attention as his blue eyes moved to you, he looked surprised to see you as his head lifted up more, losing his focus on his drawing.

You also looked at him, and now that you were close to him you could look in detail on how he actually looked, pale skin and black hair, blue eyes and faint dark circles under his eyes. He looked tired maybe that's why he looked scary. You smile at him a bit to make this little awkward moment ease a bit, but it didn't seem to work since he quickly looked down at his paper, making the situation more awkward, maybe you should have looked down too. 

You tapped on the table, getting a bit embarrassed for not saying anything. But you shake your head and decided to talk to him, you tap on the table in front of him to gain his attention, and luckily he looked back, "hey, I saw you in first period before, I'm (Y/n)."

He didn't say anything and just kept looking at you, but then he sits straight to look at you completely, "are you new here?" He asks, his voice was soft and a bit deep, surprising you a bit.

"Yeah, I'm new!" You respond, "it's my first day and I actually never expected to be in this class, I don't know how to draw so this was a surprise." You laugh, and you only earned a small smile from the boy, "what's your name by the way?"

The boy's smile fades away quickly and looks down at his paper, as if something changed in him, but he replied anyway with a short answer, "Helen."

And with that the conversation ended leaving it in silence, he didn't seem to be the outgoing type, he looked more reserved.

You look down at your desk, maybe he didn't want to talk at all and you were just forcing him, that wasn't good, maybe it was best to leave him alone.

__

School finally ended and as you stepped out of the door you bumped into Maggie and her friends, Maggie smiled looking surprised to see you there. "(Y/n)! What happened you didn't come back to us!" Her two friends were just looking at you with surprise too, as if they forgot you were gone in the first place.

"Sorry... I got lost," you nervously laugh, as that was the only excuse you had. But it wasn't a complete lie after all you didn't know how to go back and you needed to go back to class anyway.

Though as you were talking to Maggie you notice two boys behind them, and they also noticed you but they didn't wave at you and quickly turn around, now their backs facing you, you were confused why did they act like they never met you?

Maggie seemed to notice your confused expression and and frowns a bit, "what's wrong, (Y/n)?"