❥Chapter 26

What was he thinking? A swarm of emotions wrapped around Helen when he saw you walk away, his brows raising slightly. He didn't hesitate to grab your hand quickly pulling you back. When you looked at him back those feelings got stronger, his eyes softened looking at yours.

He didn't realize what he was doing until he quickly let go not without brushing your fingertips one last time, the way the corners of your mouth were pulled to show a smile made him smile slightly as a light pink blush appeared on his face as he looked away.

Though Helen almost forgot that he had to meet up with Tom, yet he wanted to stay with you so badly and get Aiden away from you, but you had other plans when you said your goodbye to Helen. He frowned slightly but waved anyway.

He turned around one last time before he could go meet up with Tom at the rooftop, but he realized Aiden was also looking back at him with a slightly worried expression, Helen threw a piercing glare at him making Aiden look away as quickly as possible.

He didn't know what it was with Aiden, he simply didn't like him around you, seeing him with you was such an obstacle, a whole burden and a weak person.

Minutes passed as Helen walked up the stairs, hiding from Ban just in case he found him and his friends around. He was tired of them too, he never understood why it was so easy for people to believe in rumors.

He finally reached the door, he carefully opens the handle as he pulled back silently, that's when he saw Tom walking on the edge looking down at the students that were getting out of the school building. It seemed like Tom didn't realize Helen was there as his eyes were focused on the students, his face looked grim and full of thoughts that were ready to be let out.

"Hello, Tom." Helen speaks to get his attention, Tom quickly gets out of his thoughts as he turned to Helen, "you wanted to talk? It's been a while." Helen says once again, his face looked serious.

"Yeah it's been a while." Tom says as he looked down, "but there is a reason why I–"

"Stopped talking to me? Yeah I wanted to know that too." Helen interrupts him, as he walks towards Tom, he wasn't angry he was more curious to know why he suddenly decided to push everyone away. Helen knew Tom and (Y/n) were close but then he suddenly decided to move on. Which was confusing.

Tom pursed his lips when he was interrupted, Helen read his mind and it bothered him, he slowly nods as he walks towards Helen, "look, Helen... I have a confession to make. But promise me to just listen to me, okay?" He says, worry in his golden eyes through those glasses of his. Helen raised a brow slightly, trying not to show his curiosity about this confession. "Helen." Tom says hesitating to keep talking, "you do remember that watch incident right?" He asks.

Helen nodded, a hint of annoyance on his face when he remembered, how everything went to hell from there. "Why are you bringing that up all of the sudden?" Helen asks.

"Because... I was the one who put that watch in your bag." He says as he looked down quickly, trying to avoid eye contact with Helen.

Helen's eye widened, he stood in front of Tom in shock, he saw his blonde hair falling slightly on his face when he looked down. Flashbacks of his classmates harassing him, kicking him down were flashing before his eyes.

Tom slowly looks up at Helen with guilt in his eyes, he didn't even want to look at him, "Helen... please listen I'm telling you–" Tom was suddenly interrupted by a painful feeling on his cheek, a strong force enough to make his head jerk the other way, he slowly looked at Helen again in shock, he touched his cheek just to slowly realize he was punched by him.

"You started this!" Helen yelled out as he grabs Tom by the collar of his hoodie pulling him close to him, "why did you do it?!" He yells in his face again. He was getting it now, why Tom suddenly looked at him, why he was in the classroom that day before him. Why did he suddenly left (Y/n) and moved on to him. "I can't believe you!" Helen was about to go for another punch when Tom pushed him away from him harshly.

Tom was tired of trying to be reasonable, trying to let out his true reasons. "Wanna know why?" He asks as he cleans off the blood slowly dripping from his nose, "because you were nothing but a pathetic person who minded his own business. I wanted peace for once, I was tired of being targeted." Tom says as he tries to punch Helen only for him to dodge and punch Tom in the face again. "And you were the key to finding that peace." He says as he finally lands a blow on Helen's stomach, "you are so pathetic... you were such a great target. I don't get what (Y/n) sees in you." Tom scoffs.

It was at this moment that certain name being mentioned wasn't a good idea as Helen finally snapped jumping on top of Tom and throwing him punches, "keep (Y/n)'s name out of your mouth you hear me?!" He shouts as he grabs him once again by the collar of his hoodie and slams him against the hard concrete, they didn't even notice how close they were on the edge of the rooftop.

The small fight felt long and Tom was slowly giving out, a few words coming out of his mouth. "Look..." he was struggling, the words he said before were out of anger, he started regretting it as he remembered the real reason why he called Helen to the rooftop in the first place, "I really... just came here to apologize..." Helen froze, finally giving out on beating him up, he couldn't help but scoff as he finally gets off of Tom and gets up trying to clean himself up as he tried to hide his bruised knuckles with in the pockets of his coats.

Of course Helen didn't say anything as he tried to walk away. Tom was beat up on the floor, his head dizzy as he tried to get up, but once he tried he stumbled and slipped but catching himself of time by grabbing at the edge of the rooftop. "Helen!"

Helen turned around when he heard his name getting called in a desperate way, his eyes widened when he saw Tom gone. He ran towards the voice only to see him hanging on for dear life with one hand, "Tom, hold on!" Whatever anger he had was washed away just by seeing him there. Helen grabbed him by his arm trying to lift him up, "Tom... I can't do it, I'm not strong enough!"

Tom realized Helen gave out by fighting so much, his energy drained. Tom's golden eyes seemed to go dim and softened as he realized what he has done, what was it? Maybe his life flashing before his eyes. He wasn't sure what to think anymore, what Aiden or (Y/n) thought of him after leaving them without a word. The times he spent with them too, they were nice, weirdly enough he finally felt peace as breeze was blowing gently on his face, blonde strands of hair moving swiftly and getting on his face.

"Helen." Tom said calmly, Helen looked at him with worried eyes, "I'm sorry... for everything, and I really hope (Y/n) and Aiden can forgive me too." That was the very last thing said before he finally let go.

Everything felt slow, Helen shocked as he saw Tom slowly fall down. And finally his body having contact with the ground, following a terrifying bone cracking sound after.

Tom was completely gone.