❥Chapter 27

"(Y/n)..." it sounds faint, a voice calling out to you but your head kept trying to mute it out of your system.

Where were you? Probably your mind trying to keep you out of the real world, but that person kept calling out your name, "(Y/n)!" You gasped and looked around frantically, you look in front of you only to see your mother with worry and tears in her eyes, "oh my God, (Y/n), are you alright?" She cupped your cheeks with both hands as she looked at you in the eyes, looking for a sign of hurt.

It took you a moment to process everything that has happened and tears threatened to come out of your eyes, you weren't sure how to react and all you could do was hug your mother, seeking comfort from her embrace, she returned the hug as she rubbed your back with her hand.

You slowly look behind you, realizing where you were, you were outside the school campus, red and blue lights flashing everywhere, police cars everywhere and cops pushing everyone out of the scene.

Reporters and their cameramen coming in rush to get the smallest detail of the crime scene, pushing everyone out of the way to quench their thirst for news.

Your eyes slowly drifted to a boy who was also comforted by his parents, brown hair. It was Aiden, you started to remember when the teachers pulled the two of you apart as they walked you far away from the body, after that everything turned into a blur.

Aiden was still in shock, dry tears in his face as he stared into space with eyes that did not dare to blink as a few droplets of dry blood were on his cheek. The mother was deadly worried trying to get him out of that state as she moved around him trying to get a reaction out of him or to at least say a word but nothing.

There was a police car in particular that made its way in front of the school's gate, and that's where you see two cops taking a kid with handcuffs, and that was none other than Helen.

Your body automatically went into shock and sprinted towards him, ignoring your mother's calls, "Helen, Helen!" You yelled out his name, only for a student to stop you grabbing you by the arms. Helen looked just as shocked just like Aiden was, zoning out, "please let me go! I need to talk to him!" You turned around only to see Annie holding you back with tears in her eyes.

"(Y/n), please stop. They're taking him away for questioning." Annie tries to calm you down, you slowly give up as you watched Helen getting taken away, him ignoring you quickly as he got in the car. You turned to her, confused as to why they were taking him away, how was he even involved in the murder of that student?

An hour has passed after your mother took you home, the cops asked your mother if you could write an statement for the situation or at least talk about what you witnessed and other than that they let you go home.

Aiden was also asked by the police for the same reason, but the parents refused as he was still in a state of shock, which cops understood and left them alone.

Your mother offered you food, anything to distract you but it didn't help at all. You decided to go to bed and sleep to see if that helped you, but you just laid there staring at the ceiling for another good hour.

You couldn't sleep, you couldn't distract yourself with anything else other than the thought that Helen might have killed someone.

__

Two days passed and you finally decided to go to school, you were allowed to stay at home by your mother just so you wouldn't be asked questions.

After all after you turned on the television in the morning, news were the first thing on the channel and the topic of the 'two kids on the rooftop' was getting talked about, newspapers too in the front page, like it was a big thing.

It bothered you, it bothered you even more finding out who the victim was, seeing the familiar white hoodie from Tom completely drenched in blood, his head unrecognizable as it was the first thing to have contact with on the hard ground.

The pictures of Tom's rimmed glasses were shown on the picture with the flashes of red and blue lights blending in the background, it was a horrible thing to see.

You finally arrived to school, eyes were quickly felt on you, some of surprise, disgust or even sadness.

Why the disgust?

You finally arrived to your first period class, seeing the class empty. Helen's usual seat empty too, you were pretty much the first person to be in that classroom.

"There you are, was wondering where you went." A voice joins in, echoing in the empty classroom, you quickly turned around and see Ban closing the door behind him, two more friends joining before closing, you stayed quiet, you didn't want to say anything as you were tired for not sleeping for two days straight, "I'm sure you heard the news that your friend, Helen is a whole murderer no?" He asks, a small smirk appearing on his face.

"I'm sure that's not what happened." You respond back, trying to justify the fact that he was no murderer, you knew Helen, you knew he wouldn't be capable of killing someone.

Ban didn't like the response as his eyebrows furrowed to show an annoyed expression, "you're still trying to defend him, you are so pathetic." He says as he quickly walks up to you, pushing you making you stumble and crashing against the seat behind you, as he looked down at you his eyes moved towards something else, his hands quickly making its way to your necklace yanking it off your neck.

Your eyes widened trying to get it back only for his friends to stop you and hold you back from fighting him, his smile grew when he finally saw your reaction, "does this mean something to you?" He asks in a taunting manner.

"Please stop! Ban, please–!" Your words were interrupted as he throws it aggressively on the floor, stomping on the necklace a good amount of times, crushing it into tiny pieces.

"Helen would be better off dead." Ban says, not leaving without punching you in the face and stomach a good amount of times, leaving you on the floor as they leave, hearing a few snickers from his friends.

Is this how your year is gonna end?