❥Chapter 28

"Hey, (Y/n) did Helen ever had murder tendencies when you talked to him?" A random classmates walked up to you, asking you a dumb question on purpose, holding back a smile as she innocently leaned on your desk.

You didn't answer, you held an ice bag to your cheek, right where Ban hit you on your first period, you headed to the infirmary as soon as they left you alone.

Giving her silence as an answer bothered her, she only rolled her eyes and walked away. You only sighed in relief, getting a bit of peace for being alone for a few seconds.

You haven't seen Aiden nor Helen in school, of course you understood why, you wondered why you were still here, it felt like eyes were on you all the time after the incident, they knew you were with Helen and defended him all the time, they never really paid you any mind, until that happened.

In the cafeteria after getting your food, you tried to walk with tray in hand only for someone to make you trip, luckily you didn't fall but your whole tray of food fell to the floor splattering all over your shoes. You just sighed and looked at the person who did it, only to see one of Ban's friends, "hey, (Y/n) did Helen ever gave you dead squirrels as gifts?" He asks, "but you probably didn't say anything cause you liked him that much." He smiled in a taunting way.

You only stared at him for a few seconds, in return you only gave him silence and your back as an answer, you didn't bother to respond and decided to walk away. That didn't satisfy him though, he quickly puts his arms around you and tries to get closer to your face, "don't you dare walk away like that, it won't work on me, you hear me?" He forcefully drags you outside the cafeteria, grabbing you by the shoulder tightly since his arm was wrapped around you.

"Let go of me!" You finally fought back, he finally got a reaction out of you after he dug his nails into your skin, it made you wince in pain, you quickly punch him in the face trying to at least defend yourself, he quickly tried to tackle you, but you backed away as fast as possible and ran out of the cafeteria to not cause any trouble.

You finally ran out of the cafeteria, of the whole school actually, you didn't dare to go back.

Instead you arrived to the park where you would spend your time with Helen. You sat on one of the benches taking a deep breath in, your emotions finally surging up and letting the tears flow from your eyes. Your sobs were slightly audible, you weren't sure how you were going to manage this year, you were only in middle school, seventh grade, you were just a kid who wanted to make friends and now you were here.

You quickly wipe your tears as you see a couple pass by, trying to hide the fact you were crying but your puffy eyes would expose you.

You quickly pause when you realized how close you were to Helen's house, probably five minutes away. You quickly get up from the bench and make a run for it to his house.

Minutes passed and you make a quick stop trying to catch your breath as you finally arrived to his neighborhood. You walk towards the door, knocking on it hard enough for him or his parents to hear.

It took a minute but someone finally answered, your eyes with hope when you saw the boy you wanted to see so badly. He looked way more pale, he looked like he hasn't slept at all and just looked horrible in general, tears were coming out of your eyes again, your lips parting just to call out his name, "Helen." Your voice was shaky, your lips quivered when you called out his name.

You hugged Helen tightly, your hand holding the back of his head, feeling his soft yet tangled hair, the soft fabric of his clothing yet didn't smell anything but still the warmth was enough to give some comfort, your tears were wetting black shirt but really you just wanted him close, as much as you hugged him you didn't sense a response of him hugging you back, he was just standing still.

You slowly let go to look at him in the eyes, he looked so tired, his eyes were so empty and red from crying so much, it took him a bit to realize who he was seeing, he looked at you more in detail only for his face to show shock, his hands quickly making its way to your face. His thumb carefully caressing the bruise on your cheek, "(Y/n)." He muttered your name.

He never realized how long you two were standing in the entrance of his home, but once he noticed he quickly dragged you inside and sat you down on the sofa, he still kept checking your face, so many mixed emotions, but you quickly grab his hand while he still had it on your face, you didn't let go and tried to talk to him, "Helen... I was so worried about you." You say, trying to make him snap out whatever trance he was in.

He didn't pay attention and decided to say something else, "who did this to you?" He asks softly, a hint of anger going through that question.

"Helen listen I need–" you didn't wanna make him worried about you, but he didn't even bother to listen to what you were gonna say only for him to head straight to the kitchen and quickly come back with an ice pack and a small pack of medical aid, he sat down trying to check on your bruise.

"This is my fault." Helen says, "you got hurt because of me didn't you?" He asks as he treated your bruise and a few cuts from your hands, "answer me, (Y/n), who did this to you?" He asks once again.

"Helen this isn't your fault, it doesn't matter who did this to me just please–" the way his hands were carefully placed on your head were suddenly grabbing you aggressively. You flinched as you noticed his eyes changing into a different kind, the same look when he was mad, that familiar look he gave to Ban last time. You tried to make him let go of you only for his grip to get stronger around your head, "Helen, you're hurting me." You winced, digging your nails in his skin.

"You better answer my question, did Aiden did this to you? Did Ban do it?" His voice became louder, quickly pinning you down to the sofa, hands still gripping your head as his thumb dug deeper into your bruise, hurting you badly as his other hand tried to grab you by the throat.

"Please, stop! You're hurting me!" You knee him between his legs only for him to quickly get off of you and fall down to the floor, you sat up on the sofa trying to catch your breath and calm down.

Helen only looked at you as he breathed heavily trying to calm himself down from the pain, you were scared of what he has become now, this was not the Helen you knew at all.

"(Y/n), I'm gonna ask you to get out. I don't wanna hurt you again... I don't want anybody to hurt you because of me." He was still on the floor as he said that, not making eye contact with you but it sounded like he was holding back tears, "please, go away, get out of my life." He slowly gets up making eye contact with you again.

"No don't say that please." You tried to walk towards him again only for him to physically push you away.

"Leave! I don't want you near me!" He shouts grabbing you harshly by your shoulders, pushing you back, outside of his house. He slammed the door in your face, and after that only silence filled your whole environment, still shocked at what just happened.