❥Chapter 15

It seemed to have worked.

The hug worked on Helen, on the last period Helen's mood went up and started talking to you more.

It made you smile, you were happy that one single hug cheered him up so much that he didn't seem to be paying attention to the other students who were murmuring stuff.

You in the other hand, you were paying close attention that it bothered you so much, it felt like they were talking about you.

"Don't pay attention to them, (Y/n), it's fine." Helen finally snaps you out of it and smiles, "don't worry about them let them say whatever they want."

You give him a small smile in return, he was right, they can say whatever they want.

__

Days passed and more meaningless arguments made their way to you with Tom, he became more distant and he would drag Aiden away from you.

Everytime there was something to fight about he would bring Aiden into it and force him to be on his side, though at some point Aiden didn't seem to mind and he got to a point where he would side with Tom without him saying anything.

You started to get tired of it, but you kept Helen out of it of course, he had enough with his classmates harassing him.

Though nothing seemed to change, everything was the same, just getting worse.

All the shoving Helen got from Ban turned into more aggressive ones, stomping and even throwing sharp pencils in his way.

And still they treated you like you never existed, and Helen cared about that a lot, he rather have his classmates' eyes on him than on you, he didn't want you to get hurt because of him.

He started to care a lot more than he did before.

Especially on this day.

Today felt like everything was finally at peace, for some reason all the students stayed quiet, they didn't get near Helen or anything, but at the same time Maggie and the others ignored you for the whole day.

But to Helen it seemed like he didn't mind at all, he smiled at you when he saw you, like he knew that you also noticed this kind of new environment.

As if saying, "let's take advantage of this, since we're gonna go back to the old routine."

You just smiled back, you look in front of you only to get startled by Ban's eyes staring right at you, not at Helen but you and that sent shivers down your spine. He had something in mind, you could tell by the way he had his eyes locked on you.

The staring you had with him lasted only seconds but it felt as if it was hours, he finally looked away, and when he did you quickly relaxed and slumped on the desk in front of you, that was scary.

Though as soon as your head was on the desk you hear steps coming towards you, you quickly lift your head up only to see Ban right in front of Helen's desk. Your eyes widened at how quickly he was there.

Before Helen could say anything Ban snatches the book from Helen's hand and takes a look at it as he scanned each paper. He lets out an unamused laugh and a smirk crosses his face, "why are you always doing these meaningless things?" He asks.

Helen once again tried to reach for his book, but he pauses as he notice one paper falling on the floor, then another, falling like leaves. Ban startes to rip each one of them apart causing the whole class to see since the sound was so loud.

Helen didn't waste time and quickly punched Ban in the face, taking off the smirk on his face. Ban quickly dropped the book and his hand made its way to touch his cheek, it took him a bit to process what just happened when anger finally hit him, he quickly tackles Helen off his seat as he starts to punch him.

The students quickly got up from their seats and start to surround the boys who were fighting, you wasted no time to get up from your seat and tried to separate them but it was useless, Ban was stronger than you and Helen combined and seemed like he was about to choke the life out of Helen from the way he was grabbing him.

Even some students tried to pull you away, trying to push you aside so the fight could go on.

You started to get frustrated at the fact that you couldn't do anything, but you quickly grabbed one of the textbooks that you found on your teacher's desk and slammed it on Ban's head.

There was silence at the moment but his eyes finally turned to you, anger filled in them, his attention turned to you as he lets go of Helen's bruised neck. He slowly gets up and his figure towers over you, looking at you like he was gonna do the same thing he did with Helen.

You kept the textbook in front of you to shield you a bit from him, though Ban didn't say anything, he just looked at you.

Then some clicking sounds could be heard from the hallway, making the students go back to their seats, even Ban.

You quickly look at Helen who was still on the floor, you quickly go to him and check if he didn't pass out. "Helen?" You called out his name softly.

He quickly got up, like nothing happened and wiped the blood from his nose with his sleeve, you were shocked at how sudden he got up, like nothing happened, "Helen, let's go to the infirmary." That's all you said but Helen shakes his head in a way to say no, he didn't even look at you and just went back to his seat and lays his head down in case the teacher arrives and wouldn't make a commotion about it.

You slowly went back to your seat, your eyes kept on Helen.

Why is he refusing your help?