Chapter 11

"No."

I cradled my pet ferret with both of my arms and glared at Ashton. "Pleaseeeeee," he whined. I continued to glare at him. "Ashton, your severely allergic to cats. I don't care how much medicine you take, you are NOT risking it." Ashton looked disappointed, but he quickly dropped the subject. My pet ferret, Jackson, climbed up my arm and decided to curl up and sleep while wrapped around my neck. I pet his soft brown fur and looked out of the compartment window.

I was sitting in a compartment with Olivia, Ashton, Harry, Draco, and Luna. Olivia had bought her pet rabbit, and Luna commented how it looked like an Oreo cookie. Luna and Olivia continued talking while Harry and Draco were sleeping on each other's shoulders. We were all currently in our second year. Ashton decided he would just sleep on the compartment window (which was kind of a bad idea) and Luna was eating a pack of Oreos Ashton had brought, and Olivia had this horrified look on her face. It was priceless.

When we arrived to Hogwarts and after the feast was over, I held Jackson with both arms and trudged to the dorms. This year Dumbledore had mixed up the boys and girls dorms (which really did not matter to me) but oh boy would there be some problems for him this year... Anyway, the Slytherin dorms had about 9 beds in a circle to match the circular room, and each had a mini wardrobe underneath the beds. Each bed had a green and silver canopy surrounding it, with a snake carved into the headboard of the bed. There was also a bathroom, obviously. For each person who brought a pet, there was an extended box-like shape next to the persons bed that fit all of the needs of the pet, each ranging in different sizes depending on the pet. It came with a food bowl and a water bowl, which were both full, a bed, and a single toy. I set Jackson down into his new home, grabbed a pair of purple shorts with a black T-shirt and headed to the bathroom to change.

~timeskip after classes~

When I was talking to Olivia on our way to dinner, Draco and Harry walked up to us and joined in our conversation. Jackson was curled up around my neck, taking in the hallways and looking at people as they passed.

A/N: I'm not dead...yet lol