Chapter 33 - Pink

Chapter 33 - Pink

(POV Holden)

PINK ROOM. Pumasok si Helena sa mansion at tumuloy sa kabilang kwarto na kulay light pink. Hindi ito ang ginagamit ko na silid kung saan ako natutulog, but this looks like her own personal room.

"Do you know that Aunt Zara tried to kill me?" mahinang sabi ni Helena pagpasok namin sa kwarto sabay upo sa kama.

Hindi tulad ng kwarto ko na nakaharap sa dagat, ang kwartong ito ay may veranda na tumatanaw sa kagubatan. All I can see is endless trees. I wonder if I can survive if I will use this route to escape from here.

"Zara may be demanding and meticulous when it comes to business, but she is far from being a killer---"

"She almost killed me! Hindi ka ba naniniwala sa akin?"

I am not sure if this is another ploy of hers, but I can see tears in her eyes as if she is in pain. Hindi ko alam na kung magaling na artista lang si Helena o nasasaktan talaga siya sa mga oras na ito.

"Tell me what happened."

I sat beside her and cupped her face. Hindi na niya napigilan na umiyak. Tears are now streaming down on her face.

Alam ko na baliw si Helena, may psychological disorder, may obsession at may psychopathic tendencies, pero hindi ko ata kayang makita siya na nasasaktan.

"Zara, she fell in love. They were both in love like they can face the world just the two of them. Imagine a Me Against The World kind of love. So powerful and passionate that you are willing to fight for it over and over again," panimula ni Helena.

Zara Madrigal fell in love? I almost laughed as I see her as a woman who is not capable of falling in love.

"But then I accidentally came into their lives. He was angry and he was not happy about my arrival. He blamed Zara for being irresponsible," dagdag ni Helena.

"After their altercation, she made her decision. Zara, being the almighty Zara Madrigal held her chin high. She dropped him like a hat after she realized what kind of asshole he is. She then decided to get rid of me, her own flesh and blood."

Flesh and blood? I think I know exactly what she means.