Chapter 34 - Fighter

(POV Holden)

FIGHTER. Helena tried her best to fight her tears. I don't think she is just pretending or fabricating lies to lure me.

"I tried so hard to fight the medicine that she took. She thought I can easily be eliminated, but I persistently fought back. She tried to kill me, but she failed. She miserably failed with her attempt to abort her own child. And now, I am here. A damaged goods beyond repair. A lunatic who even can't grasp what the hell I am feeling and what the fuck I am doing."

Helena is Zara's daughter? And Zara tried to abort her?

This revelation is too much to handle. My whole body is shaking while listening to her story.

"So Holden Hidalgo, I perfectly understand if you will not marry someone like me. No one will accept me for who I am. No one in their right mind will welcome a detrimental monster who is tends to cause more harm than good."

Is this the real Helena? The demented Helena who is unable to fathom the impaired wirings in her brain?

Patuloy na umiyak si Helena at nandoon lang ako para yakapin siya. A part of her is aware of her malevolent acts.

A part of her probably wants to do good, wants to correct her mistake, wants to be a normal person. But Helena Cassandra Madrigal is a mixture of torment, mania and insanity, with a sprinkle of love.

She may be extremely obsessed with me, but I can feel her love for me one way or another.