C H R I S T M A S || viii

Chapter Eight : Christmas

3rd Person POV :

( tw: abuse)

Christmas at Farley Manor was always big, with floating snow flakes on the ceiling, a 9 foot christmas tree, white and silver all through out the house and the annual ball every year.

Elizabeth was not a fan of this ball one bit, having to wear make up, a dress, heels, and socialising with people who thought purebloods were better than muggleborns was not her cup of tea.

Her dress was chosen for her, her makeup was chosen for her and her speech was chosen for her. Except for today. Today she would do what she had wanted to do for years, somewhat plucking up the courage inside her.

Elizabeth was done with wearing something she didn't want, saying stuff she didn't mean. Every year at this ball she have to make a speech, her parents acting proud of their daughter, her achievements. What they were really proud of was the fact she was carrying out the Dark Lord's will of her.

Elizabeth before half a hour before the ball walked down stairs, where her parents were watching the misreble house elves  up the last decorations and directing them. Kathrine Farley was a proud and traditional woman, which her daughter was certinaly not.

"Elizabeth Rosalie Farley what in Merlin's name are you wearing?" Elizabeth's mother gasped in a mortified tone.

Elizabeth was wearing a v neck, just above the knee, layered, black and white dress with stars. She looked down at herself and looked up, "It's a dress mother."

The tall woman walked over angerly to her daughter, who was secretly scared of what was to come. "That, my dear, is barley dress. Go upstairs, and put on the one we picked for you. And I thought we said to put on makeup?"

Elizabeth looked up at her mother in the eye, which was rare for her to do such a thing. "Actually, you said to put on makeup. I asked if I could skip that, I wear makeup every year-"

"Are you disobeying me?" Katherine raised her voice sharply, Elizabeth flinching. She had heard her mother speak like that, but rarely ever to her. Only normally to house elves or blood traitors.

"Well-Well I just-" Elizabeth started again, taking a small step backwards. Her hands went behind her back, fiddling with the fabric of her dress that her mother so badly disliked.

"You what hm? thought it wasn't a big deal? Do you even care about our reputation? Of course you don't, because you're selfish Elizabeth. You're selfish." Her mother turned around. "Go to your room and get changed into the dress that I decided, put on the makeup you will wear, change your heels to the ones there, and memorise the speech I wrote for you. Unless.. you want to be difficult with me?" Katherine threatened. Elizabeth knew exactly what her mother was saying, or rather promising.
B