E B U L L I E N T || xxi

Chapter Twenty One : Ebullient

Third Person POV :

"Why are you so smiley?" Summer questioned Elizabeth, raising a eyebrow curiously.

"I am not... 'smiley'," she denied, looking away from Summer as they walked down the hall. Emilia swung an arm around Elizabeth's shoulders, causing her to flinch.

"Oh, please! The last few days you've seemed way more happy, not that I'm complaining. I'm just curious, what happened?" Elizabeth shoved Emilia's arm off her and looked straight forward.

"Nothing has happened Emi. I'm just... excited for summer?" Oh the irony, Elizabeth thought as the ginger and blonde looked at each other.

"Okay, number one: that sounded more like a question than an answer, and two: every time we leave for summer you act like you're going to a funeral," Summer went on as the Slytherin rolled her eyes.

"Summer, please just let me be. We're going camping when I get home, I've never done it before so I'm excited. That's all." Summer seemed to accept that as a valid answer as well as Emilia, although they were both a bit suspicious considering Elizabeth's parents were quite well known blood supremacists. But the two didn't question it and they started talking about what they were doing when they got home.

Elizabeth's mind wondered off, thinking if she had enough bandages at home for the whole summer, and to what Summer said. It was true the she seemed a bit more happy since she hung out with Sirius. She didn't know why but she felt so... calm, when she was around him. He made her feel like she was more than what her parents told her.

Am I going insane? He's Sirius Black for Merlin's sake! I don't like him in that way... Do I?

The three reached the open doors of the Great Hall and walked towards the red and gold table, the leaving feast before summer and Elizabeth was as hungry as ever.

As Sirius ate his third piece of toast, he saw Elizabeth walking closer to the Gryffindor table, specifically where the rest of the Marauders were sat. A soft smile came on his face as he stared at the the blonde walking towards them.

Elizabeth did not notice the stare of Sirius, still caught up in her own world, before realising where they were walking towards. "Why are we walking towards them?" Elizabeth questioned, worry heavy in her chest.

"Emi and I wanted to sit next to them." Summer explained plainly, not looking at her. Elizabeth raised her eyebrows in surprise,