E N D E A V O U R || xxiv

Chapter Twenty Four : Endeavour

Third Person POV

Hogwarts, 1976

-
Elizabeth was incredibly happy about the return to Hogwarts, basically jumping on Summer and Emilia when she saw them in their compartment, leaving the two very confused as Elizabeth had never really liked hugs.

'You're certainly hungry...' Summer had commented at the great feast where Elizabeth had six sausages, three eggs, potato mash, and was going have more before Emi had stopped her; 'you're going to be sick! did your parents starve you or something?' Emi had said half-jokingly, catching the stares of Sirius from across the table.

Emilia was right about Elizabeth going to be sick after the feast. She rubbed the back of Elizabeth's robe as the latter held her stomach walking back from the Great Hall. Summer laughed slightly, chatting away with Issac who was next to them.

-

"So...what would you think if I tried out for the beater position? " Elizabeth mumbled the next morning while eating her single egg, the sound of dropping cutlery in response from Emilia and Summer.

"Like, like Quidditch? You? Quidditch?" Summer exclaimed, visibly surprised, "Have you ever actually played?"

"No, no, no. Remember first year when we had to do Quidditch and Madam Hooch said she was a natural and that she should try out but she was too scared?" Emilia reminded Summer, wagging her finger.

"Ahh! Yes I remember, her saying, 'Sorry Miss, I won't be able to do Quidditch. I'm not that good.'" Summer recalled, imitating Elizabeth's quiet first year voice with an overly posh tone.

"I don't sound that posh!" They laughed, Emilia shaking her head while holding the table sides.

"Oh yes, you did! Good thing we saved you or else you'd be talking like the Minister or some sort." Elizabeth grew up with her parents telling her off for not saying things correctly or using slang words, so she learned just not to do it. That was until she met the two, teaching her how to speak 'normally'. She was very thankful for the two, otherwise she really would be sounding like some old witch or wizard.

"But other than that, do what you want Eliza. Don't ask us for approval just do it, we're not your parents for Merlin's sake," Summer smiled, looking up to Elizabeth before continuing eating cereal and Emilia nodded in agreement.

"Just be careful, alright? Don't want to scuff up that pretty face of yours!" Emilia nudged Elizabeth with her elbow, a smirk on her face. "When are try outs anyway?"