S E M B L A N C E || xxviii

Chapter Twenty-eight : Semblance

Third Person POV :

To say Elizabeth was feeling good was a understatement, a huge one at that, she was on cloud nine. It felt nice to have someone, someone like Sirius, and she, as weird as it was to say it, finally admitted to loving him.

Remus noticed this about her, and while he was happy, he had a underlying feeling of dread inside him.

"I mean he read books for me Remus, books!" Elizabeth was amazed at this and to be fair so was Remus.

"Not possible, Sirius Black, books? I don't think I've ever seen him set food in the library with the purpose to read."
Walking back from a lesson with Remus, Elizabeth was walking to the dining hall with him, ready to get some lunch and for her friends to tease her about Sirius. Remus walked with a cheery Eliza, happy to see a content and happy look on her face. He only hoped the thoughts of the bet would go away in time and the two would be happy together.

As if the fates was reading Remus' mind, the two bumped into Marlene who seemed to be in quite a rush, but stopped never the less. Elizabeth opened her mouth to apologise for bumping into the girl, trying to be the bigger person about the situation when Marlene beat her to it. The girl looked at Elizabeth with a small grin before looking at Remus and saying simply: "Give it a week." Then, she walked off down the corridor, bumping shoulders with Elizabeth.

The Slytherin looked down where she was walking with her eyebrows furrowed "What does she mean?"

Remus knew what Marlene meant. He knew exactly what Marlene meant. "I... I have no idea" He responded to Elizabeth, mentally cursing himself for the knowledge he kept from her.

Elizabeth stared at him for a second or two before sighing and giving a small smile. "Oh well. Lets walk shall we?" Remus nodded before the two started walking again. Nothing good can come out of this.

-

"Sirius stop staring at me I am trying to read." Elizabeth said, trying to concentrate on her copy of 'Little Women' while hiding her small smile behind the clothbound book. The two were sitting at a small table in the Hogwarts library, Sirius ignoring the books around him for the blonde opposite him.

"I can't help it!" he says, leaning his head on his hands, the abandoned 'Picture Of Dorian Gray' next to him.

Elizabeth put her book down on the table, "Being the stereotypical flirt as per usual."