N E O P H Y T E || xxii

Chapter Twenty Two : Neophyte

3rd Person PoV

Although her time on the Hogwarts Express was filled with fun and laughter, all feeling of happiness and joy drained from Eliza when she left the compartment. She had managed to convince her friends to let her leave the train without them so whoever was there to pick her up wouldn't see them, she didn't want to put her friends in any sort of danger because some Death Eater saw her with them.

Now, she was stood outside Farley Manor, her mother's face plastered with the usual scowl. "Elizabeth, go inside now. We don't have all day."

"Yes, sorry," the blonde apologised, quickly walking up to the doors. She was about to open them when suddenly she felt a slap on her wrist. 

"Don't open the doors yourself. We have more house elves now for a reason," Catherine Farley scolded, the neutral look on Elizabeth's face turning into more of a frown, though it only differed slightly from her normal resting face. Perhaps it was a family trait, to have a natural look that made you seem cold and unapproachable. It was certainly one that Elizabeth wished she hadn't inherited.

As soon as her mother said that, Elizabeth saw the doors start to open. It was quite slow, or rather, much slower than it would've been had she opened the door herself. As the gap between the doors got wider, Elizabeth noticed two house elves, both of them desperately tugging at the doors to open them. The doors were much bigger than them, they even seemed quite big to Elizabeth. The girl felt a pang of sympathy and pain for the poor creatures, however refrained from doing anything to help them in the presence of Catherine.

"Oh, what good are you things even for if it takes you years to open a door?" An angry voice shouted as the doors suddenly swung open, the force flinging the poor house elves a few metres into the air before they both landed with a painful sounding 'thud'. Elizabeth quickly walked into the manor to see if they were alright, however both house elves had scurried off by then, clearly terrified.

The girl started speaking, wishing she could openly care for the house elves, "Father, did you really have to-"

"I don't want to hear another word. Those creatures can't do the one thing we got them for, they don't deserve your sympathy. Now then, go to the third floor study. The Dark Lord wishes to speak to you again. I am sure you remember what I told you last time?" Jonathan glared at his daughter, the girl's eyes shaking for a second. She regained her composure quite fast, nodding as she spoke, trying not to sound frightened, "Yes, I remember. I will go now, I do not want to keep him waiting."

Elizabeth silently walked into the meeting room which was hardly lit by the green tiled fire place. The love of the colour green seemed to run in the family.