Chapter 11

Ainles pov
I didn't mean to get Duke in trouble. I didn't know that I wasn't meant to tell joh-dad about him kicking me of tv. Duke says I'm selfish and annoying. He's been grounded for 2 weeks. It was originally 1 week but then he started yelling at me.

I walk into the sitting room and I can see Duke on the tv. He's not aloud on the tv. He turns to me and gives me a stare. It's scary. I don't know what to do.

"If you tell dad, I'll pull on your hair until it all falls out" mommy said I mustn't cry and I'd just be a nuisance so I walk silently it of the room. Dad was in bed because he'd been up late last night and Leo and Emory were out with friends.

John has been arguing with them because he hardly ever sees them around anymore or because Leo's to young to he out alone. I've been out alone many times to get the food and things like that. Once mum made me go to this strangers house to get a bag. It's cost a lot of money and Was very heavy.

Maybe I could go out for a walk. Mum never wanted me in the house and Duke is mad at me. Johns tired so I might as well. The park is just round the corner and I like the swings. The swings are so fun but I can't always get on them by myself.

The door is unlocked so I walk out without any squeaking. This is going to be so fun. I've never been to this park before. Maybe the swings will be easier to use.

It's cold outside I don't like it. I can't see the sun in the sky I can only see gray clouds. I should've brought a jacket to keep warm. I'll swing on the swings and then go back home and make daddy tea. Maybe duke will like it to and then he'll forgive me.

I can see the swings and the slide and the monkey bars from here. I've always been very bad at money bars because there hard to learn all alone. No one else is here today. Sometimes at my old park people would make sure I was okay and help me onto the swings but I'll have to jump all by myself. I'm taller now it shouldn't be as hard.

The red gate creaked as I opened it and slammed shut once I'd left it. It looks very new this park. There's no moss or rotting paint or broken chains. The swings should be much better now.

I was soon proven wrong. These swings are higher than my old ones and the ground is made out of this slippy stuff. It would help if I fell of the swing but I can't do that until I get on it. Behind me someone enters the park. I can tell because I hear footsteps coming towards me.

As I turn around a friendly face appeares in front of me. He has brown eyes and is wearing a cap covering a lot of his face. He smiles at me,

"Need some help there kid?" Hey maybe he'll help me. Maybe I will get on the swings after all.

"Yes pwease" when it's cold I get that lisp which mum doesn't like. John doesn't seem to mind.
The kind man moved over and lifts me into the swings.

"So where are your parents? Shouldn't they be here to help you get on the swings?"

"I wanted a walk because I have annoyed my big bwother"

"So no one knows your out?" I shook my head no. This man is very nice. He keeps looking round as if looking for anything bad which might come in. Maybe he's can be like my park protector. The nice lady's back at my old home used to be my park protectors.

"Okay so what's your name?"

"Ainle"

"Hello ainle, I'm luke. I have some sweets in my car do you want to come and get some with me?" Luke is very nice. He's my protector with candy. I must save some for Duke and Emory. Leo doesn't like sweets but he likes chocolate.

"Do you have an chocolate? My big brother likes chocolate?"

"Yea we have chocolate. It's very nice your always thinking about your brothers. They must be very lucky to have you." He walks out of the park and I follow. Johns going to be so happy I've found a new friend.

Luke walks towards a red small car and opens the door pulling out some sweets. There was so many. I could feed my whole class with these.

"Okay I think the chocolates on the other side can you go get it please" i wonder how much chocolate he has. What if he has as much chocolate as he does candy. I could feed my class twice.

Crawling into his car was very easy and his seats are very comfy. I had reached the other side and I don't see any chocolate. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. The door slams behind me and then something clicks.