Chapter 13

Ainles pov
I don't remember how I got here but I'm in a colourful room. It has deep green walls and a blue carpet along with toys on the floor. I'm not 6 but candy man seems to think I am. I don't like it here. There's no lights or windows and the man only sees me to bring food or to say goodnight. It's like he thinks I'm his kid. I'm not. Just because he takes care of me doesn't mean he's family.

I'm pretty sure he gassed me like people do in movies. But he was also in the car. Maybe I just fell asleep and then he carried me in this new place. Maybe he hit me. Wait how long have I been here? I only remember waking up in here and that's it.

I miss John. I want to go home and say sorry to all my brothers. They never got there candy. I could even start my first day of school. Dad has been putting it off just making sure I was ready when I needed to go. I wonder what schools like? Mum has never really taken me to school she just made me do chores all day. At least candy mans better than mum. Could I even call him mum anymore. Sarah? But I don't like that. No mum will do fine.

From the corner of this dull room it really looks empty. Almost like candy man just moved in. He should get another name rather than candy man. He's never said his name. Or anything about him. When I met John he told me he wet the bed until ten. I don't like candy man. He doesn't treat me nicely.

I wish dad has brought me a phone before my birthday not on it. If I had a phone I could call dad and ask him to pick me up. Or I could say sorry to my brothers. I want to go home.

The door re-opens and a flood of light brightens up the dark room. Candy man doesn't even look at me before he chucks me a juice carton and walks into the door leering to his room. Maybe I could just leave myself. He doesn't lock the door or anything and it doesn't look to heavy. But John will be looking for me and he'll come get me.

Candy man re-appears and he walks directly over to me.

"Hello, I'm going out for a while so I'm going to have to ask you not to go anywhere okay. If you so much as move a muscle then you'll get no sweets when I get back you understand." I don't move. I don't want to move what if he hurts me. I'm cornered. There's no escape I want to be free. Please I'm scared.
"Do you understand?!" He yelled and spat into my face.

After forcing myself to nod he dismissively shakes his head and mutters something about kids before exiting the house thing. I curl into a ball hiding my face and sob quietly into my arms. Why did he yell? I didn't do anything wrong I sat here just like he told me!

Johns pov
I've called the boys into the kitchen before they had a chance to run of like they've been doing all week. They don't come back for lunch or dinner they just leave and don't come back till 9. I don't know where I've gone wrong.

Then there ainle who is going out with them. They say they want to culture him in there world but o haven't actually seen him the past 2 days. Even now he isn't in the kitchen with the other lads.

"Okay where's ainle. I called you all down and we all know he's the most obedient of you all." As I observe all of there faces I notice worry and guilt as well as panic. "Boys where is he?"

Duke looks at Leo with a painful expression like he's about to regret this.

"Leo, did you not tell dad that ainles at his mates house?! C'mon we gave you one job. We took him to the park to meet up with my girlfriends younger brother, they have a sleepover. Okay we did that! Me and Emory all you had to do was tell dad! Can you do nothing right lately?"

"Okay Duke that's enough. Stop giving him a hard time. Anyone of you could've told me. So ainles at your girlfriends younger brothers place?" Leo didn't make eye contact but nodded his head slowly before apologizing for not telling me earlier. I wish the boys could just work together for once. Not get angry at each other all the time. "Well that was only problem one: you have not been spending any time at home lately. I understand Leo your young and want to get out more, Emory your girlfriend and Duke your imaginary freedom which comes with being 15 or something but did I do something wrong? Your only here for breakfast and to sleep. I want to see my boys."

"Dad, you've done nothing wrong" Emory's voice was quite and also painful, "were just having a hard time okay. We want to spend time out with friends and feel normal for a while. I promise it won't be for long just till after" he hesitated for a moment before continuing "till after we forget again. Dad it's mums death day in two days. We just want to be free and alone from home for a while. Please?"

Tears trickle down Emory's face and the other two resist giving me any eye contact. I hate the weight which has been put on these boys back. They do at least deserve a few days of to feel human.

"Well if you would have said something sooner getting you of school for this week would of been a hell of a lot easier. Go enjoy yourself. Forget about school this week. I think I'm going to go out again tonight so remember to lock the door when you get in tonight. Love you boys"

I know this chapter kinda sucks but oh well. I struggle writing in a younger kids perspective so ainles pov might always suck.
Jay🧡🦊