Part 18

emory, Duke, Leo

Smittys pov
"It's no one kid just go back to bed." I turn around trying to ignore the raging woman behind the door though it's very hard due to the door cracking every so often. As i turn around I'm met with...Oh god it's Leo. And Emory aaand Duke. Well shit. No I can do this.

"Hi. Umm, what are you doing up? Your dad wanted you in bed." I'm not good at this. C'mon I see scared kids everyday at the hospital and I manage them just fine. What's so different.

The angry woman behind the door was still trying to break the door down and deafen us all. I'm calling the cops hundred percent. Maybe she'll just pass out from lack of breath between her screams.

"Yea really sounds like no one" The talker one said forgetting my previous statement and he already sounded pissed. Shit. I'm guessing he's Duke: brown hair, blue eyes, tall, strong. Yeah seems about right. He looks most like his dad.

"Do they want ainle? Is that his mum?" God that kids smart. So he's either Emory or Leo. He has short curly brown hair, more blue eyes and is shorter than his other brothers. I'm guessing he's Leo then. Okay well at least I'm gaining something from this.

"Well, I think so." The dog rushes in and begins barking loudly with its tail under its legs. Oh c'mon now I have four distressed boys to take care off. It's fine I can control this situation just breath. In...and out...in...and out.

I nod lightly at both there accusations. If these kids get too defensive we could have a full blown fight and I'm there to help the injuries not to injure. This is not good. Please hurry home John.

Johns pov
Ainle fell asleep on my lap as we climbed into the police escort. Only now could you see the horrible dark brown bags under his eyes and how thin he had already become. They better find that man who caused this young kid this amount of pain and ill personally kill them.

Less than 3 minutes later we pull up to my humble abode and find someone banging loudly on the door. She looked drunk and homeless. Oh god Sarah? Nope I can't do this now. Ainle can't see her in the state he's in. Okay breath, in...out...in...out. Okay this is fine.

"Excuse me sir, is this your house?" The officer seemed tired and angry. Not a good mix especially for s police officer. Okay breath, she can handle this. I look down again at ainle who seems to be sleeping through it all. It's no surprise he's tired I mean it doesn't look like he's slept In Weeks.

"Yes, that's little buddy's old mum. Let's just say she hasn't quite moved on yet." She sighed frustrated I hope smittys doing alright. His first night with the boys ain't really going to well is it?

I watch as all the lights inside the house go out and her screams seem to get louder. She must be waking up the whole neighborhood. The amount of messages I'm gonna get tomorrow.

"Okay, I would advise you step out of the car and wait for me to remove her from your property." Jeez they never can just talk normally can they. Why so formal?

I nod and lift Ainle out of the car. He too light for an eight year old. Now that I'm outside I can hear the dog loudly alerting the whole street what was happening and all the horrible things Sarah was saying about me.

I felt Ainle stir in my arms this is not good. Please stay asleep please. I watch as his eyes flutter open and closed within s few seconds. Good he's still asleep. Just uncomfortable which is understandable with the position he's in. The screaming doesn't subside but she does fine away from the door. Okay now the house is coming towards us. Meaning it's louder.

I slowly maneuver us down to the house Trying to put as much space between me and the insane lady. I hope smittys doing okay. It's his first night with the boys and it wasn't especially planned. I'm sure he handled everything I mean he deals with kids all the time.

We eventually get to the house and I unlock the door. Silence except for the sound of spice bounding towards us. It's empty, the lounges lights are turned of and there isn't a human in sight. Well I guess smith did handle the night well. or there all dead. What? No! God my brain goes weird places sometimes.

I rush upstairs to ainles room and gently put him down in his bed. I notice that the covers are all messed up and not of the same neatness they where the night that ainle went missing. I hadn't thought to go in his room but I know he always makes up his bed in the morning. Some annoying trick his mum taught him. Sometimes he acts like a mini housekeeper and no 8 year old  should do that. That's dukes job.

"Hello." Smitty! I hope he's okay. I should probably ask him. What if the boys beat him up? What if he's been crying all night? I feel a pair of long arms wrap around my waste. Oh I love him.

"Hi smitty. How was it? They didn't kill you did they?" I heard him chuckle from behind me.

"No honey I'm fine." Okay I can finally relax, i have both my boys home.

Hi! I know it's been a long time but again I'm trying to update faster now that my writers block has gone. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Jay🦊🧡