Part 24

Emory's pov
It's been 1 hour since the lecture had begun. Young Emory has escaped the rath of the angry old man. However, Emory is safe but not free for he has been commanded to take care of the young child. I must keep an eye on him because he's been known to run of and also because I will be lectured and I'd prefer to avoid that. I mean he's really loud. Dad doesn't usually yell unless he's really mad so I guess Duke and Leo really crossed the line. I am so glad I wasn't there today but then again, Duke is gonna start complaining to me about how dads being 'unfair' and how he 'never listens to me'. Leo always gets of easy so he never complains as much, I just have to watch his smug face.

"Do you two never learn? I thought you'd at least learn from his mistakes, your 17 and 14. Duke I expect so much more from you, your almost an adult? And you lost your younger brother!" This could go on for a while. Dad doesn't sound like he's going to stop any time soon and ainle is fast asleep. That's one good thing about this oh so damaged child, is that he can listen to you through yelling, and he can sleep through a thunderstorm. He can ignore the loudest of arguments and can focus on anything no matter what's going on around him. It's slightly scary.

"Exactly, one more year of freedom until I'm stuck with a job and boring friends and no free time and I end up boring like every old person does!" Ooh the plot thickens, duke has spoken back. He has broken the unspoken, but very well known rule, to not talk back. To repeat Dukes words 'even if it's a valid response, your answering a question or telling them your point of view, you will be destroyed for talking back to an adult. A teacher, parent or even stranger on the street, we're kids so I guess your point of view isn't worth anything' and to repeat Leo's words 'just say your sorry, cry a little and they'll listen to you.'

"Leo go upstairs, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Duke go make two cups of coffee and we'll talk. Your still grounded because you need to learn some things but we're gonna talk" ohh, this didn't backfire, this went the right way. Lucky bastard that only happens once in a millennia. And he gets a cup of coffee at 9:15 at night. I should talk back more often, dad seems to have loosened up. I hear Leo stomp upstairs. I poke my head out of the window and see that for once, the younger child looks miserable. Oh how the tables have turned.

"Oi, your just to take care of the twat" he sighs and punches my arm as he walks by. I simply laugh at him and go to my room. I can't go downstairs so I guess it's a late night of FaceTiming and videogames. Yes. I quickly move into my room and call jazz. 

Dukes pov

so, weve managed to go from a lecture to one on one feeling talk.

 "i know that im scared of growing up and being alone so why do i have to tell people, thats just embarresing. and unnecesary. i havnt had a girlfriend in 7 months, half my friends no longer talk to me because there focussed on work, i soon wont live with my three younger brothers and ive lost every job ive ever had. i never focussed enough on work and i picked on way to many kids. im not going to survive in this world. sure i am tough but im not smart. leo is smart. i cant let him throw that away. emory is copying me to much and ainle is way to young to be tough. fuck this world man."

i take a breath and then realise ive just said that all out loud. congratulations, thats twice today that my mouth has betrayed me. the one person i though i could trust was myself and here i am spilling all my secrets like i dont have an off switch. just be happy your telling your dad this and not your mates. a cut of hot coffee is placed in front of me and dad sits next to me. what do i do? thers nothing to do. youve just told him half of eveything which youve been thinking about for the past six months of your life. next youll be explaining in detail what sort of porn you watch. i need coffee.

"continue." eh? he does realise that i said that byaccident right? i look at him and see that he isnt joking. so am i going to continue telling him all my deepest worrys or shall i just put on tv and go to sleep. both sound quite tempting to be honest.

"im goint to end up alone..."