Part 23

Ainles pov
I move away from the strangers I'd been following and start walking back the way I hope is right. I've never been here before. Now that I'm more focused on my surroundings I realize how much my feet hurt and I'm starting to get a headache. Most of all I'm sad. It's hard for me to understand emotions but I'm definitely not happy. I want my bed. I don't want to be alone again. The more I think about being alone the more panicked I get, I don't know why. It reminds me of being stuck in candy mans house.

I give up on walking and sit down on a bench. It's getting colder and I'm only wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans, I don't exactly know much about science but I'm pretty sure being too cold isn't good. My eyes got heaver but before I could  close them fully blue and red flashing lights as well as a siren began approaching. I am fully awake now as I watch two people get out of the car and walk towards me. There wearing body armor like stuff with badges like sheriffs. There police guys.

"Hello kid, what are you doing out here so late?" He sounded kind and kneeled down in front of me. What am I doing here so late? I'm not really doing anything, I'm sitting on a bench. Or does he want how I got here? Or he's being sarcastic, I can never tell if someone's being sarcastic. I think my brothers are always sarcastic. Will this guy shoot me? He has a gun but he sounds nice.

"I don't know what I'm doing, I'm sitting on a bench?" He lets out a sigh and looks back at the other person in a matching costume. Did I upset him? I didn't want to mess up, I'm sorry. I look down at my feet and try to stop myself from shivering. Why are these guys here? Am I in trouble? I didn't hurt anyone did I? The last time I saw police guys they where very nice and I hope these guys are nice too.

"Okay, how about we take you home. Your dads looking for you." I'm not aloud to get into cars with strangers. Dad gave me a big lecture about it, it doesn't matter what they offer me or if they claim to now him, I'm not aloud to get in the car. I'm meant to scream and run away but I've been in a police car before. Maybe I should just politely decline.

"No. I'm not aloud in strangers cars"

Johns pov
I can't believe the boys are so inconsiderate and stupid when there little brother had just been kidnapped a couple of weeks ago. Why couldn't they use common sense like maybe DON'T LOOSE HIM! This eight year old kid is lossy for the second time his month and I don't think I can take it. Smitty has to go back to work and Emory has done nothing wrong. He's with jasmine and are watching a movie.

I called the police after mine and Dukes conversation. I'm going to have to have words with this kid about how to talk to and treat other people. He has lost all respect and only seems to show remorse when something drastic happens. Not everything in the world is about being tough. Strong is fine but he's teaching the kid to be emotionless.

After ten minutes I get a call from an unknown number. If this is a telemarketer I'm going to explode. I've been very angry lately but I guess it comes from the stress of having your kid kidnapped, realizing your gay, finding a therapist and dealing with teenage boys. Leo is very good with ainle when he's alone. As soon as he's with someone else he becomes this self absorbed, childish jerk. Emory just does everything Duke does. I love all my boys but it's going to talk a few more years for them to grow up a little.

I answer the phone and prepare myself for this shit show.

"Hello, this is officer Birks. We found you son, ainle, but he's refusing to get in our car. By any chance could you come by and pick him up." I jot down the address and agree to come and pick him up. I'm glad he learnt stranger danger but this is a rather bad time to not get into a car with a stranger. I'm so glad he gets his first session is tomorrow. I don't fully understand him and I just hope I get to one day. I want to help this kid and by that I mean more than staying up when he has a nightmare or helping him with homework.

I zone out slightly while driving but manage to get to the place safely and see two officers surrounding a small figure on a bench. That's my boy. I get out the car and quickly make my way over to him. I watch as he looks up and eyes light up at the sight of me. A smile spreads across his face and he jumps into my arms.

"I'm sorry, I got lost and then these guys got annoyed at me and yelled. But I was only copying what Emory said." Why in all of hell would any child over 5 years old listen to Emory? I wrap my arms around the small shaking figure and the police officers just smile at me then walk away. At least there's no questioning. I carry an already sleepy child back to the car and get ready to ground Duke and Leo for a long time. They are going to get a long ass lecture

Sorry I know not much has happened in these past chapters I'm working on it.
Jay🧡🦊