Hesitant.

(Erza's POV)

Gray has a possibility of dying.  Which is clearly awful.  I mean,  at least the disease has about a 70%  fatality rate. But that's still not good enough.

I glance over to see Juvia trembling in Gray's arms while he tried to comfort her.  It had been a few days since Levy shared that critical information. And I know it probably wasn't my place to do so,  but I told Natsu about his rival's condition.

I twisted a strand of my crimson hair around my finger,  wondering how Natsu took the news.

(Natsu's POV)

What.  The.  Hell.  Gray could be dying and I just now get told about it?! Fucking Ice Princess. He should've told me sooner! I as his rival have a right to know about what's happening to him.

Whatever.  I'll talk to him about it later today.  You know what? I'll just talk to him now.

I sneakily grab Gray's arm and drag him away from Juvia.

"What do you-" He began but I interrupted.

"Why didn't you tell me about your condition?" I asked boldly while looking down in his direction. ((This is after the guild gets back together,  so I'm making Natsu taller))

Gray sighed and looked up at me with watery eyes.  My heart broke at the sight.  "I...I... It's because... I was scared.. "

Oh God.  This is real.  This is a serious problem. I know this because... Gray's scared.  He's one of the bravest people I know.

"I know it's scary... But it's going to be okay! We can fix this!" I held his hand but he didn't return the action.

"It's not going to be okay! The only way you can fix this is to surgically remove it along with my emotions! Or!...... Or..... M-my crush somehow begins to like me back.... " He stammered with tears streaming down his face.

"I know this will get better.... Just trust me. " I held him in my arms.  He huffed and hesitantly melted into the warmth. 

I felt my face grow hot as I slowly,  but surely,  stroked his soft hair. 

Wow.  He's pretty damn cute with his face all red.  I chuckled to myself and felt him fall asleep.

I brought him to the infirmary and laid him on one of the beds.  I turned to leave but felt him tug on me arm.

"Don't go.... Please... " Gray mumbled while getting the pillow damp from his tears.

I of course couldn't resist this offer,  so I lay down with him and for some reason,  felt it was my duty to protect him.  Because of this,  I put my arms around him and pulled him closer.  He immediately snuggled closer.

A bit later the door creaked open. I looked up and saw and angry blonde glaring at us.

I hesitantly smiled and waved back.