~1~ Goodbye Hope...

1957

"Sister, it's raining. You'll get sick." Faith scolds her.

"Then the two of you should come with me! It'll be fun, three sisters playing in the rain with their coats! What's the worst that could happen?"

"Demons."

"No-" Faith laughs at me.

Hope jumps around the house, up and down like a giddy child. She's always been this way. Faith crosses her arms. Faith hangs out with the wrong crowd, refuses to hang out with two dumb sisters which is why I am the closest with Hope. 

We're triplets. All diverse but surprisingly not the same.
Hope is the giddy child one that will probably turn out to be one of those Woman-child people.
Faith is more serious. Popular with the boys so she can make out with them and be popular and drink and make beds squeak. Which is why I don't like her sometimes.
Then there's me. My own personality. Who is so random. So odd. I'm me. I'm a weird bitch.

I look down sadly at my feet. "I can't Hope. My arm, it's broken, remember?"

"That dog really fucked you up, huh?" Faith asks. I glare at her.

"Just asking." She states turning up her nose.

I turn back to Hope. "You go have fun out there Hope. If Mom growls at you, I'll just give her a good explanation without getting you in trouble." I wink.

She beams at me before giving me a gentle hug. What's pretty convenient is that we're one of those houses that stand out amongst the fields and hills, unlike the neighborhoods that have houses side by side each other. I live quite a bit away from school, being for the fact that if I wanted to run off to the hills and never come back...

There are hills for me to do that.

There's a couple of other houses nearby but that's beside the point. A couple of sewage gaps and so much more. Me and Faith watch as she runs down the stairs, grabs her coat and runs out to the pouring rain. We go downstairs and wave goodbye to her.

"I'll tell you if anything happens!" She laughs.

"Please do!" I joke. She grins before running off down the footpath. Faith grumbles before shutting the door. "She better not get sick."

"Have some Faith in her, she's gonna be alright." I scold. She rolls her eyes. 

"Why can't you loosen up every once in awhile, she's a kid at heart-"

"And I'm not!?" She hisses.

"Faith, acting like this? You're always grumpy even though you're faithful to everyone except us. You act like an adult-"

"You should be ashamed that you don't." She snaps, before running up the stairs and slamming her bedroom door. I flinch, startled. I let out a breath of air I didn't know I had and run up to my room.

I decide to lay on the bed, listening to music with my headphones. I put the mixtape that Hope gave me for my birthday on and lie there. The music begins to zone out as I think of her.

I bet she's having so much fun. I bet she's having such a great time in the rain. And all I have is my music. Nobody would listen to what I have to say if I ever made songs...Nobody except my sister. She's truly the best.

Many hours fly by as I multitask myself with a small routine of boredom. Listening to music, staring out the window, small notes and ideas of song lyrics, dancing, feeling lonely, and loop it.

I notice that the rain eventually finally stops. Hope went out early in the morning, now it's 4 pm. I narrow my eyes. Hope would've come storming back into my room as soon as she returns from every journey.