~20~ Stargazing

"I wa-wanna show yo-you somepl-place special to-tonight."

"Oh. Okay. When's that?" I ask, calling on the phone with him.

"I'll mee-meet you at the tree-treehouse at six."

"Okay. Cool. I'll see you then."

"O-Okay! See y-you later."

I hang up the phone and smile to myself. Time keeps moving on through the days that our group split. It's now been two weeks, and I think me and Bill have gotten closer. He's gotten a bit more chilled out about the whole group splitting but he hasn't gotten over it.

There isn't much we can do so we've chilled out about it but not forgotten. Sometimes, I talk to Beverly and she doesn't ignore me. But she doesn't always want to hang out either. Which I'm okay with and understand when she says she needs space.

I haven't checked in on my family for a while. For the whole time that summer has been on, I've been in the treehouse. Not, my house.

I haven't seen Faith for a while.

I walk away from the phone booth and back to the treehouse. Faith isn't a person who cares about me, and what I saw with Dad did not comfort me. How he killed Mom. But it's only Faith I need to look for. At the end of the day, she's still my sister. That's what really counts.

I hop down from the treehouse and take a sharp breath in. Get it over and done with.

I decide to ride my bike along the driveway, onto the road and past the apartment complex where Beverly is, Eddie's house, Mike's meat place, Ben's library all the way down to that empty road that has all the hills and forests behind the standalone house.

I gulp. Parking my bike on the side. My Dad's car is home. I go up to the house and knock on the door. A simple knock is all it takes for the door to creak open on its itself. I gulp, chills running down my spine.

"Faith? Dad?"

The one thing you should never do. Is what I did. I creep into the house and look around. No sign of Dad, nor Faith. I creep up the stairs and peer into Faith's room.

I let out a gasp, my hands flying to my lips in horror. The room is absolutely trashed. Things thrown on the floor, her bookshelf fallen over. The mirror shattered. Windows look broken but not fallen out. The bedside table curved. And her bedroom dresser looks like someone could have broken it in half.

There is no sign of Faith. But on the walls, painted in blood...

"We all float down here!"

I flinch just as I hear numerous barking of dogs. I quickly scramble to jump up and pull the lever down for the attic.

Wrong move.

It opens up and a bunch of dogs land down from the gap in the attic. The rabid looks on their faces...just isn't normal.

I scream and run down the stairs, and out the door. Slamming it shut behind me. As I do, the voices of the dogs cut to a stop.

I see everything is clear so I run over to my bike and crouch down. I pick it up and look up to see. The Clown.

"What are ya gonna do, Y/n?" He laughs. "Your sisters are floating down here. With me. All I need is you."

I duck as it tries to grab me before I jump on my bike and ride off. I hear an animalistic scream fade off in the distance behind me as I ride off down the road as fast as I can.

I stop by the treehouse, panting and catching my breath and I scramble inside. I land on top of my bed, breathless of what I just heard.

Faith is missing too now. That thing. That fucking thing! Took Faith. My other sister!