~9~ Leap O' Faith

I plan to meet the boys at the quarry today, but I'm not too sure exactly on how it will go. The quarry is not exactly a place you're allowed to jump from. But we probably will do it anyway.

I sit up in the treehouse this morning, reading my book. My eyes drift gently across the pages, silently reading peacefully. I hear a knock from the hatch and my eyes drift.

"It's Beverly!"

I put my book down and place the bookmark, sliding it under the handmade bed. Yesterday afternoon, we sort of went our separate ways including Bill who was sad to say goodbye.

I had used the money I left at home and brought a decent bed that I can make up, and since the treehouse is quite massive, there are two beds in it. Both having a mattress, sheets, pillows, and blankets with the money I had saved up.

"Are you in there?"

I open the hatch and see her smile, she climbs up the ladder and my jaw drops as she shuts it. She turns to me, frowning. "What?"

"Your hair!"

"You don't like it?" She says sadly.

"What? No! Of course, I like it! That hairstyle looks so good on you Bev!" 

She smiles gratefully and hugs me.

"I cut it myself last night. I'm really glad you like it."

Why do I feel there is more to it than that?

She looks around the treehouse, grinning. "Two beds. You set this up this morning?"

"Yesterday afternoon. If you want to ever come by, there's definitely a spare bed now!" I grin.

"That's great! Uh, when do we meet the boys by the Quarry?" She asks.

"I believe, in two hours." I say.

"Nice." She nods.

We sit there for a moment and she puts her bag down.

"Ooh! I wanna ask you something!" She smirks.

"Shoot me." I grin.

"Do you like any of the boys in the group?" She asks.

"What makes you say that?" I ask nervously.

"Because I see the looks you give Bill."

"And I see the way you talked to Ben yesterday."

The two of us fall in silence, before cracking up in crazy laughter. It feels...really nice to laugh so genuinely with a friend.

"Okay, I do like Bill. Like, I think I really do."

"Falling for?" She reckons.

I nod my head. She gasps.

"Silence!" I blush.

She laughs and I grin. "Okay and maybe I like Ben. I mean, he's Ben from sosh class and I sit with him while you don't sit with us."

"Hey, that's not my fault!"

"Yeah but that's because the teacher saw you sleeping in class for like, a week."

"She did not trust me!" I scoff.

"I know. I found it quite mean because it didn't do much to help you learn in the class or whatever. She just sat you all alone, you would probably focus better if you sat with us."

"I wish I did from the start." I sigh.

She frowns, but then smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine. When we go back to school next year, we can all take sosh again and sit together. The three of us."