~14~ The Slideshow Of Doom

The Loser's and I help Bill set up some things here and there in the shed. Such as putting up some fabric or a map ready for a projector. Mike and I shut the garage door until it's dark and gloomy with only the light of the projector to show.

Ben hands Bill that small Video frame map of Derry before we take our seats behind the projector. I stand right by his side as he works the projector and he seems thankful that I do. I give him a warm smile and he blushes at me.

God, it's really cute when he blushes...

Instantly, the frame clicks into the projector and the map Bill put up on the wall almost identically matches the one from the frame.

Map of Old Derry.

The details line out in seconds and me and Bill exchange worried glances. Now it's about time we got a better look at this thing. If Hope is still alive, if Georgie is still alive, it'll make this trouble worth it. The other kids could still be alive as well.

"Okay." Bill whispers. "Look." He says once everyone has taken their seat.

He's marked the where the storm drain is, signifying "That's where Georgie disappeared."

I decide to analyze the map, noticing the pen in his hand. I want to mark down where Hope went missing. But I have no need. G-G-Georgie is important just like Hope. We still know the outcome.

"There's the Ironworks." I point out. 

"And the Blackspot. Everywhere it happens, it's all connected to the sewer." Bill says nervously.

The red line signifying the tracks, does indeed line up all to one place. The Sewers.

"And they all meet up at the-"

"The Well House." Ben finishes.

"Didn't you say Hope had some interest in that shit?" Richie asks me.

"My sister was always a suspicious girl. She always came out of it okay, and acted as nothing happened."

As the words come out of my mouth, I feel my blood run cold. If this thing took her hostage one day when she went into the Well House, could she be the same person when she came back? The key red flag I've never said before is that Hope didn't start going there when she was a child.

She started going there last year, and that's when she disappeared three months later.

"It's in the house on Neibolt Street." Stan says aloud.

"You mean that creepy ass-house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep? Maybe Hope was one of them."

I keep my mouth shut and shut my eyes frustrated, my heat temperature beginning t rise as I feel my hands by my side sweat.

"Not cool, Richie." Bev tells him.

Eddie pants, huffing before taking out his inhaler and breathing in some of it. I can see why he's panicking. Who fucking wouldn't?

"I hate that place." Bev says.

"Most people do." I take a sharp breath in. Sharp enough to catch Bill's, Ben's, Bev's and Mike's glance.

"It always feels like it's watching me." Bev continues as I hear Eddie sob a little. I bite my bottom lip and look down.

Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm.

"That's where I saw it." Eddie whimpers. "That's where I saw the clown."

"That-that-that's where it lives."